Root rot treatment advice needed please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Johnsonapolis, Feb 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I’ve read quite a bit about root rot treatments. Just looking for some advice/opinions about what treatment works best for DWC set ups. Thanks!!!!

2. Don't ever get it ..by never over watering,(having enough air in the rez) the flying gnats
    driving you crazy for the last week are a big clue

then theirs the rotton sox smell at the base but by them they will ..be wilting indeed by then

the color of the roots is a good indicator here and the fact they are almost mush

good luck post a pic tx

3. I've never had root rot because I use clorox, 2 drops per gallon per day.

But if I ever did, first I'd cut out the infected roots, then empty the reservoir, and replace it with nutes and double to quadruple strength clorox for a few days. Then go back to normal.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. So Clorox? What about hydrogen peroxide?

5. Either should work.
    Hydrogen peroxide kills with oxygen, clorox with chlorine.

6. So how much per gallon?

7. Question vostok. So how does one fix that or is it all over? I understand the hydrogen peroxide and chlorine tricks but obviously putting the roots back into the same environment again will just renintroduce the problem making the hydrogen peroxide a bandaid. What can he do to not get this again? Add another air stone? Fill the tank less? I am a soil/coco grower only done hydro once.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Thanks for the input and request for clarification. I have stabilized water temp and have ample air/bubbles in my set up. I just need to get back to better looking roots. Just a tinge of color. Nothing catastrophic as of yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. What is two drops?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I put clorox into a 4 oz tincture bottle fitted with a dropper.
    One dropper-full is about 1 mL and 18 drops.

11. Ok thanks people! I’ll give it a go!