Root rot question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Notch2k10, Nov 24, 2011.

1. My friend has two plants in a 12 gallon dwc . One plant was put in a little later and the early one was a dwarf pheno and is ready for harvest . However the roots have twined together and not able to get them out if he was to harvest the small one . Will leaving the roots in there while the big one finnishes ( 3 weeks) cause the roots to rot and affect the other plant . Hope this is as understandable as possible . Thanks
    "time is of the essence.. Sometimes"

2. You are between a pick a rock and a hardplace. Id try to gently pull them apart. After a few days, the dead roots will end up floating in the res, at that point you can rinse them out of the res and even try to wash em out of the other plants live roots.

It will stress the remaining plant if your not careful. How entangled are they?

3. Look at my journal in my sig. Save those babies!!

4. [quote name='"CrackLemonade"']You are between a pick a rock and a hardplace. Id try to gently pull them apart. After a few days, the dead roots will end up floating in the res, at that point you can rinse them out of the res and even try to wash em out of the other plants live roots.

It will stress the remaining plant if your not careful. How entangled are they?[/quote]

Not good advice in my opinion.