Root Rot Question- URGENT

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by prestons84, Sep 19, 2008.

1. So I've noticed what I'm pretty sure to be the beginnings of root rot in my dwc system. The roots were fine yesterday, but now they have a kind of brownish tint look to them so yeah, I gotta fix that.

I've read that using food grade hydrogen peroxide would work, but I can't order anything offline, and I need something quick as I do not want this to get any worse. Can you find food-grade peroxide at any regular stores? Would regular peroxide work if I added more?

I've also read about using neem oil for root rot. How do I apply the oil? Do I spray it on the leaves and it makes the roots get better? Or do you have to lift up the lid and spray the actual roots with the oil?

2. Hey man my roots went brown last week, what I did was wash them down with a few liters of ph balanced water. The brown came right off. Its worth a try.

3. Awesome, I'm gonna give that a try. Thanks man

4. some nutes dye the roots brown as well like GH floranova grow & bloom. are your dwc rez temps over 72?

5. Not sure about the temperature of the actual tank (waiting on my meters), but the room is usually 72-80 degrees tops, so it may be over 72 (no a/c but winter's coming). They were fine until I changed the water and nutes last night, so they might just be dyed.

6. The stuff doesn't seem to want to come off too much and I dont want to mess up the roots. Will store grade peroxide work? what about spraying neem oil onto the roots?