Root Rot!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dtgrowz, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Just figured out the problem was root rot.. I feel like an idiot anyway I can save these 2 girls before it's to late??????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. can you save these ?

...is very much dependent on your skill as a grower

many proprietary concoctions abound

more info on ur part may give the answer you seek?

good luck

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mix 1 part 3 percent Hydrogen Peroxide to 4-5 parts water, nutrients and check pH balance. Can be directly put into your rez. Reapplication every 3 to 4 days as Hydrogen Peroxide dissipates. If you using organic nutrients unsure how this will work for you.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Preciate the help bro i ordered some hydroguard, is that the same thing

5. Mix in that ratio, should be fine. I just posted a formula for a quick fix. Cheap bottle from Walmart or wherever would have worked in meantime. I don't know about that company, so don't quote me.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

6. Skunk labs root assist tea works amazing for root rot I do not suggest using peroxide it kills all bacteria good and bad

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hydroguard is not peroxide it's good bacteria that will help get rid of root rot

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If your using synthetic nutes, bacteria is not a issue. If you using organic nutes then ya its a issue. I know the method I am stating won't harm the plant and resolve the issues swiftly. But if your using organic nutrients then I advise organic alternatives. My 2 cents.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  9. So how would you mix the hydroguard? Or does the bottle tell you ?

10. what are the temperature in your DWC ? No matter what you do if the temperature isn't somewhere between 59F- 65F, you will still come across root rot ! For now, about .50mL of H2O2 (hydro peroxide) add to FRESH COLD water USE ICE FOR NOW to keep water cold while figuring out a way to keep your temperature lo without ICE, E.G. water chiller ! Or an ICE probe vía Amazon. Yo recover from root rot you must have lots of experience. I've had this exact issue with my roots. It ended up being the high temperature in my DWC. When I didn't have a probe to keep things cool I'd use ICE and small amount of H2O2 To keep me going. When the rot occurred as it is almost impossible to avoid without a water chiller, I'd cut the rot off completely, JET squirt COLD 69.5F pH adjusted H2O2 water at the net pot, i would then maintain the ayer cool using ice and in a week I'd start seeing thin roots emerging (white colonized roots) good luck

• Like Like x 2
  11. there's a product our ways called root regen does wonders

12. The bottle tells you but it's 2ml per gallon

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah funny thing is this is my second Grow and at the beginning a guy was telling me about it.. I definitely think it was a combination of factors but the res temp being the obvious... what is the difference between an ice prob and a chiller?

14. Looks like a bad case of advanced root rot. Hydroguard combined with a large circular air stone that creates 3 times the bubbles. I'd the best way to try and recover that. Also in the beginning change the water out every 6 hours and this will effectively swap out the rot . BE CAREFUL not to be putting ph pens in that resoivoir, then using that pen to test others.Doing so WILL infect every other plant.
    Also keep in mind your root zone temps keep the resoivoir at 73f and you should be good .over 80f is where root rot multiplies.
    Good luck
    GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. At time the best route to recovery is salvaging whatever nodes you can, cloning and starting all over. A chiller recirculates the water a probe I attached to your reservoir

16. I think I've stopped the roof rot

17. pics?
    GFP

18. #18 dtgrowz, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    I added AN Voodoo Juice about 3 days ago, then some hydroguard yesterday and I will be adding AN revive once it arrives today. Both plants are not wilting anymore and growth has started again, and there is not more wilting, but they are not drinking the amounts they were originally but I'm hoping I can change that too..

This is the HSO Black D.O.G.. The root rot on this one was not nearly as bad.. they are not very slimy anymore..[​IMG]

Canuk Seeds White Widow freebie j received... Ot lost about 50% of foliage before I kinda corrected it..[​IMG]

19. that root rot is going to come back with a fury . I see one root that is white and a wig of root rot ..continue the hydroguard and the airstone...and swapping the water out...for at least another a week at least...revive won't help ..the disease. it's nitrogen that may correct a deficiency. you don't need that . you need to treat those roots ALOT more.
    GFP

• Like Like x 1