root rot?? diagnosis help!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Bigbluebong, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I have some kind of problem with the roots of one of my plants, it is in a bubble bucket in a 2x4 tent with 1000w proper ventilation. I have realized that the water in my buckets is far to warm so i am now using frozen water bottles to keep it nice and cool. The problem is my roots look like they are falling apart compared to my other plant with flourishing roots. I have flushed n cleaned and added h202 but they dont seem to be getting better. The roots are not slimy but they do seem darker than normal tho they are always slightly brown due to the nutrients i use. Please help i dont know what else to do

2. im not sure what kind of Hydro setup you have. but i would suggest starting with a fresh res and 'brewing" a batch of Worm tea, beneficial tea, etc.

Heres a link i found useful; http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...asy-beneficial-bacteria-cure-root-issues.html

i was recommended that by Zoomme, and its kept all my root probs at bay. on top of that it can be used continuously to help with nutrient uptake as well.

Heisenbergs recipe is great, but you can do a simple one with just earthworm castings (EWC) Molasses (such as Black strapped or Hi-Brix) 1gallon water and a good air stone/pump. brew for 48 hrs and add to your new res. ive heard of it clearing problems up in a couple days!

peace
    -chris

3. Pondzyne has helped me a lot with root rot issues in a high temp res. Very cheap, available at local hardware stores who sell water features.

4. [quote name='"LudaCHRI5"']im not sure what kind of Hydro setup you have. but i would suggest starting with a fresh res and 'brewing" a batch of Worm tea, beneficial tea, etc.

Heres a link i found useful; http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/958893-heisenberg-tea-summary-cheap-easy-beneficial-bacteria-cure-root-issues.html

i was recommended that by Zoomme, and its kept all my root probs at bay. on top of that it can be used continuously to help with nutrient uptake as well.

Heisenbergs recipe is great, but you can do a simple one with just earthworm castings (EWC) Molasses (such as Black strapped or Hi-Brix) 1gallon water and a good air stone/pump. brew for 48 hrs and add to your new res. ive heard of it clearing problems up in a couple days!

peace
    -chris[/quote]

It works so well that I guess I don't understand why more ppl don't use it.