Root Riot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JBRONCFAN, Nov 9, 2013.

1. What is the absolute best way to utilize Root Riot?

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    they are just starter plugs. help develop a solid root system before planting into whatever medium ur using

3. One of the better brands of plugs, some of the others can be deformed and don't sit in the trays properly.

I use them for clones. Rooting gel (clonex), root riot cubes, starting tray no dome pic and pic

4. What sucks is the temp, it's freakin cold and my usual paper towel and push them in the soil is hurting.  I found one of the seeds that broke open and I pushed into soil and it hadn't grown a bit.  So I took it and put it in one of the Root Riot cubes along with four three others that broke open.  I like breaking them open first knowing I got a viable seed in the cube.

After much reading, it seems like water, temp and oxygen believe it or not are the top three most important things. In nature, seeds don't go very far down in the soil at all.  Riot cubes hold water just fine so it's up to temp which I have it to about 90 degrees.

5. #5 Doc-J, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    I use rapid rooters with a tray, dome, mat and in the winter add a heating pad with thermostat. Works great for me.