root question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by muney420, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Just transplanted an just wanna know if its normal to lose some roots during the process. Plants not even a week old yet. Thanks blades!

2. it happens yeah, but obviously always try your best to not loose too many haha, are you using andy kinda stress tonics like thrive alive b1, super thrive, root 66 and the likes there of if so id hit her with some right after the transplant, maybe even condition the new soil, all just added precautionary measures:)

3. Just watered with some big bloom since their light nutes hopefully she just settles in good. Thanks

4. Yes, it happens sometimes. It's not ideal, especially when you're in the beginning of growing. The more stress your plant undergoes, the more problems you will have with the overall growth of the plant.

You want to make sure that you're using veg nutes at this point, not bloom nutrients. While you might think that they will help, all they're going to do is fill your plant with things it doesn't need right now because it's not ready for the bloom part of the process.

I've been using AN's Expert Level Growing bundle and it's helped me have strong roots in my grows.

Sensi Grow/Bloom A
    Sensi Grow/Bloom B
    VoodooJuice
    Big Bud
    B-52
    Overdrive
    Piranha
    Bud Candy
    Final Phase

Fantastic regimen, just saying. Good luck with your grow!!

5. I just used it because its light and organic. Got a few others ill add later . ThanksThanks

6. You are fine using big bloom during veg. The FF feeding schedule recommends it as part of the regimen start to finish. The name is a bit misleading is all.

7. I lost half my roots on a transplant on my current grow and it seems fine, so I think yours will be too.

8. How are you guys transplanting? I've never lost any roots...

9. Id say the problem is ur transplanting way to early a week is not nearly long enough for the roots to feel a pot.

10. [quote name='"420patient"']Id say the problem is ur transplanting way to early a week is not nearly long enough for the roots to feel a pot.[/quote]

It was in a plastic cup.

11. How much root matter did you have growing in the cup prior to pulling it? I can let mine grow long enough to wrap around a bit...then let the soil dry out enough to move it. If you are worried about the roots getting too much light exposure (transparent type cups), you can try putting black duct tape around the cup for some added time.

12. She's showing new growth. Seeds are weird I never have problems putting my clones in cups. But she did lose a good amount of roots that were only at the bottom of the cup.

13. My bottle was ridged and the lower half was smaller then the upper half so I lost some roots because of that, its already recovered from the topping too. Its been less than a week since all this happened

14. [quote name='"Dissec"']My bottle was ridged and the lower half was smaller then the upper half so I lost some roots because of that, its already recovered from the topping too. Its been less than a week since all this happened[/quote]

How old can you until you can top? Never tryed if before

15. I see most people saying after about the 3rd node, if you check out my journal I think it should be on pages 2 and 3 that include all about the transplant and the topping that I did so you can see for yourself.

16. [quote name='"Dissec"']

I see most people saying after about the 3rd node, if you check out my journal I think it should be on pages 2 and 3 that include all about the transplant and the topping that I did so you can see for yourself.[/quote]

Sweet thanks.