-={root problem}=-

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by .HiGhGuY., Feb 4, 2007.

1. hey gc, whats good? i have a root problem. there is some slimy brown stuff covering my roots. i am using an airstone, to aerate the water, i added hydrogen peroxide to my nut. sol. i added hydroguard too. and still i am getting this brown shit on my roots. i can't figure it out, i've read up on it so much and have tried everything i've heard, but nothing has worked yet:mad: does anyone have any advice for me or maybe a trick i havn't heard of yet? i would really appreciate it.:smoking: has anyone ever used super nova additive? i am using it right now, and the stuff on roots is same color as that, and now the nut. sol. is lighter in color, like the super nova got stuck on the roots????

on a good note though, i just got my tax return approved, but i couldn't wait to get the money, so i ordered my 400w hps light tonight on my credit card, and when i actually get the money, i'm gonna get a hydro hut i think.

my plants are just short of a month old. when will they show there sex without doing anything? (blueberry and big bud strains) 3 of the plants have shot up about 1-2 inches above rest, does that mean they are probably males?:wave: :wave: :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Hydo is a hard way to learn your first time......You may not like my advice but here goes......stick those plants in some potting soil ......learn to grow some pot(the EZ way) .....get some "Budz in yer Jar" ...then go "Play in the Water"......stop trying to "Pump" a plant fulla crap to make it Bigger/Better/Faster.....stop spending $$$$ on additives.
    You have good seeds so .....
    Get some Schultz 10-15-10 and grow some budz...learn to clone......then you can grow only girlz
    Hydro-....burns alot of people who try it for the first grow
    DON'T GIVE-UP

3. when you say brown shit, doesnt necessarily mean its root rott... is it slimey??? if it was root rott trust me your plants would NOT! look that good AT ALL!

I can safely guess your using Flora Nova as nutes... thats why i hate that product and use the 3 part itself.

the flora nova leaves residue on your roots and makes you feel your constantly getting root rott when its actually not .

4. what up thanks for the replies. dr. i have grown successfully in soil before, but i wanted to switch to hydro. so i did. as far as not adding stuff to my plant.. well i got a free sample of super nova with some hydro magazine, (believe me, i am not going to spend any money on stuff i don't think i need) i don't plan on using it again. but what is a simple additive that really helps you get more yield?

dire...yes the brown stuff is slimy... and no i'm not using flora nova, i am using a brand of nuts. called liquid earth. ever heard of it? it came with my hydro setup i bought. thinking of trying something else on my next grow, can you give me any suggestions on a reputable brand of nuts? thanks again.