Root Problem???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Broosy001, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Sprouted 6 Sweet Cheese fem seeds, all popped and I planted the seed cubes into my usual Canna Terra Professional Soil. 3 have come on fine but 3 have one after the other withered and are now, I think, beyond saving. I'm thinking something up with the roots and I'm thinking of buying some of those air pots! Any advice greatly appreciated, especially if I can save them! Incidentally I bought the seeds in 2 packs of 3 seeds and I'm thinking maybe just a bad pack as 3 are fine 3 not so.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Here's required pic, 3 sick seedlings, 2 either side are, or seem, fine.

Attached Files:

3. Wrong light color and wrong temp, keep a gauge in your grow place, and add some 6500 kelvin lite along with the 2700k light you have now, more perlite is needed but first use seedling mix for the first 2-3 weeks

Use aero pots

4. Yeah, light colour ain't the problem. It's Blue Spectrum I'm using! The Reds are in my flower room! I have 210watts on the seedlings now, gonna add the other 4 lights I have as they grow. What my problem is, is why are 3 failing right next to 3 thriving plants of the same breed, in the same conditions!?! I take your point on the aeropots though. ;-)

5. Temps fine too.

6. Then its gota be the soil ...?

7. Aye, deffo something serious, one of the bigger "healthy" seedlings looks infected!! If it's transferable so easily what could that be!? The soil is the same type I've used successfully my last few grows, the pots brand new and they all get water pH'd at 6.3! I'm thinking disease... But what??

8. No big deal shoot to your garden store get some quality pot mix and a bag of perlite, do it now they are only gonna get worse!!!

9. Aye mate, it's worked for all my other plants, Canna Terra Professional Soil Mix, better suited than anything else, I'm thinking simple over watering - my mistake - without realising. Trying another soil type won't hurt I suppose, I'll ask my soil guy.

10. Think I've worked out the problem! I decline to say what because it's a schoolboy error!! I'll be careful and not mix up my water and nutrient containers in future!!!

I just pissed myself laughing, they always say the answer is simple :)