Root issues??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Skip I am, Dec 14, 2018.

1. #21 DrDizzle, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Loki is absolutely right! I haven’t used a ph meter indoors or out in 15 years, soil is a locked ph medium, every bud, every plant you have ever seen me grow was grown without a ph meter. You guys are way to deep in your minor, and you take great steps away from the major! Container growing is about hacking nature, you have let it do its thing, the plant will tell you what it needs!

FYI: absolutely nobody in this thread will ever know what really happened to our friends roofs, because 99% of the time a simple Flush, Rinse, and dry solves 90% of these root (both definitions)problems and then we have to talk about real stuff, not calculating ph in soil application (redundant)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. This will help you along mate, just be patient and take time in learning.
    KRuFnY4-1022x1024.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks much. I did forget to mention I did do a full soil flush of about 10 gallons of water through a 4 gallon pot when the problem progressed and that was when I tested the runoff that was showing 6.0. It was only after 4 days of not seeing progress but rather decline that i decided it was something else and that was when the gnats were discovered which led me on to actually hitting them like i did. I am certain they are recovering as I did lst earlier about 3 hours before lights out and all of the tops are now praying to the sky. I never encountered fungus gnats last year so completely under estimated them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I found this pic last year and actually saved it in my photos to keep tabs on things. That's what made me certain of root issues that I am seeing MULTIPLE different deficiencies in soil that I'm already experienced with. When multiple symptoms of deficiencies like zinc, calcium, magnesium, boron became obvious I decided it was a root issue and the fungus gnats was all that made sense because I haven't changed anything from last year. They haven't even starting needing feed yet because of this battle. Other than the 2 top dressed organics which are about the same hotness as worm castings when used in moderation. I used bottled nutes last year and did pretty good but no-till all organic got my attention so after building and amending all my beds this winter for next year I still have a good bit if everything left. Which led me to researching what works for fungus gnats and neem seed meal can be used with water and foliar sprayed the same way I used neem oil last season. The research also said that neem oil can be sprayed on the soil surface for fungus gnats. So I figured why not and hit them.The neem seed meal and the insect frass i figured would serve 2 purposes since they both introduce beneficial bacteria in to the soil. And since the insect frass helps to trigger the plants defenses through the chitin I figured why not. While I am not 100% sure they are cured they definitely seem to be on the up and up from the stand still they have been in since this issue started. These are indoor veg plants for next outdoor season so I'm in no hurry they still got at least till may before they head outside with supplemental light to harden them off. Again thanks for your help as always.

5. #25 DrDizzle, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Who here knows the acidic PH of Neem oil? Every single one of these applications has fungus knats! I spent a lot of time and money to gain knowledge away from you guys, because most of you are just repeating other people excuses and reasons why they failed!

I love you guys, but I can’t sit here and listen to this crap. Fungus knats are a part of growing, they are in every soil, if the are destroying your plant then you fucked up and lowered the natural immunity so it can’t fight a basic problem. Fixing the knats doesn’t fix your main problem, it’s a band aid to your mistake, and hyperbole is just talk!
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. #26 Skip I am, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Neem oil did just fine for preventing pests all last season. I've seen countless growers use it and recommend it. I've seen countless old schoolers here swear by it. Have a good day.

7. Fair enough! Good luck friend! Just try not to spray the acidic oil on the dirt, it’s literally in the instructions on the bottle!

8. Coffee filters on top of your soil will stop gnats. They can't land on the soil.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. #29 Skip I am, Dec 16, 2018
  10. Glass is also an option. I simply just had to make the soil less friendly for them. The soil remained damp for quite sometime after transplant which is what started them. Once I got the soil dried I pretty much made them not really want to bother anymore.

11. Wow, you flushed and the problem solved, now you are trying to what? You came in here for help, told everyone else what the problem was, did a cure that fixes 90% of all problems, and what now you are the expert on fungus knats!l? Do you even read your prior posts dawg?

Did you literally only come in here to have your hypothesis confirmed? Because if you continue to grow like that, you will not recap your costs, and you will live in your own hubris!

12. #32 Skip I am, Dec 16, 2018
    Ah makes sense. Thank you

13. #33 Skip I am, Dec 16, 2018
    Flushed problem solved...

14. Well then, get the fuck outta Plant Problems, as much as you hate me right now, you are better off the when you met me son!

15. Lmao I'm sorry do you have something useful to contribute here?

16. To the 300 people who read this from top to bottom: LMFAO

17. #37 Skip I am, Dec 16, 2018
    Thank you for your help

Attached Files:

18. #38 DrDizzle, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    If you are so good, then why did you even come in here? You know everything, are you so convoluted in your own thinking, that you came to this site, on the section where real new growers, have real problems they need help with, to waste my and everybody else’s time reading this, just to get verification of your own theory! Dude WTF, wow![​IMG][​IMG]
    BTW That is me, to prove it’s my plant!

PPS: You have yellowing with tip burn, flush more at flowering to prevent late stage lockout! Ohh wait you knew that already, must be on purpose!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG]

19. Here is me again taking an illegal picture for Grasscity that has never been posted till right now! Check the date 06/09, were you even born yet?[​IMG]

20. #40 Skip I am, Dec 16, 2018
    simple question. Root issue? That's pretty simple and direct to the point. I posted what I did. It wasnt the end of the world as I've said this is an indoor veg for next outdoor season.