Root cutting help! Ahh

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Threepac420, Dec 23, 2006.

1. So I spotted 2 males and 2 females, the only problem is....

The first resivor is probably 10 gallons, with 6-8 of water. The roots tangled with each other!
    The other resivor is about 8 gallons, probably 4-6 gallons of water. This one has roots that formed around like a box. So I fucking cut the bitches off, but I wasn't really able to seperate em because they were tangled like bob marley's hair. I mean, this shit is nappy like hell and would be impossible to comb out. So I cut around nearest of the male roots and I'm hoping the female won't take too much damage or be poisoned by these soon to be dead roots?

The plants are almost 3 feet tall.

2. Ahh yes the joys of Hydro......if ya' were Soil/soilless would say cut the stem and leave it....in the water is a lil' different.........the girls won't be "Poisoned" by the roots...and they will begin to fall to the bottom....just keep the dead roots cleaned out as they fall off...cause the decomp. will mess with yer' PH

3. I'm not to sure, I dont think theyd damage the female roots to much but i have no idea. Your setup sounds sick tho, think we could see some pics :D

4. well i know that when someone wants to "bonsai" a plant, trimming/boxing the roots is part of whats done. it shouldn't kill or even hurt it, unless you took off alot. probly you'll just notice stunted growth for a little while. you need to keep trimming the roots in order for a bonsai to result, so imho you're ok. please someone with more experience/input contradict me if i'm wrong.