Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Root canal pain

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Burrito Wizard, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. So I had a root canal recently and every now and again it hurts like a bitch for a few seconds then goes away. I've taken some over the counter stuff but have any of you found smoking to help with this specific type of pain?

2. Shouldn’t be hurting at all man, you may want to go back to the dentist and have them take some x-rays.

I just had my first root canal a few months ago and I feel completely fine. No pain whatsoever

3. Smoking tends to move it off center some so it's not right up in my face but doesn't stop it.
    High proof alcohol tincture is best for oral pain. the 151-190 proof helps numb things out for 45 mins and the direct cannabis will deaden it down to a tolerable point.
    Decarb weed first 240 F for 40 minutes
    Just enough everclear to cover the weed. Shake 10 seconds and it's done. Strain or not as you please.
    An eyedropper right on the pain and leave it as long as possible. After a few times the burn becomes your friend as you know the pain will fade as the burn does.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Possible you have a pocket of infection in the bone and get it looked at ASAP as it can erode the bone and cause further complications. Lost a root cannel tooth to that and the damage prevented a post and new tooth in that hole
    BNW

5. Well when I say recent I should've specified I meant like just under a full 24 hours recent haha. But yeah there's no pain 99% of the time just that 1% where it randomly throbs.

6. You shouldn't be feeling any pain in that tooth because the nerves and pulp have been removed. However the muscles of mastication surrounding the tooth could be irritated because they realize it's now a dead tooth. Sounds like the mastication muscles are irritated. Is the tooth a front tooth of back tooth? Do not use the tooth to bite or chew on foods, do not touch the tooth with your tongue or finger. Give it a few days to settle down. Even a slight knock of the tooth can irritate the mastication muscles in your gums around the tooth. Assuming the tooth hasn't been cracked or fractured, you'll be fine.

It could also be referred pain. If there is an issue with one of your other teeth it can transfer to the dead teeth (normally the niggling ache is near the composite filling in the root canal tooth.

Root canal teeth are weaker and more fragile than living teeth, so try to leave it alone and see how it feels in 4-5 days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's a front tooth which also makes it hard to not use. I think you're right it's the surrounding muscles that hurt. Thanks for the information, much appreciated.