root bound?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dc199, Apr 19, 2010.

1. if a plant gets root bound will it die or just not grow any taller?

2. It will still grow but at a very slow rate, the lower leaves will also suffer and start to die off. Eventually the plant will die but I have seen some pretty big pants in some pretty small containers. What is keeping you from transplanting?

3. #3 custom280Z, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
    it will stress and need watering more often...growth will slow to a crawl...but she won't just die unless you try to keep it rootbound...then over time it will just stress more and more making it hard to keep alive...

try bonsia if your having root bound problem's...the is a sticky in the advaned grow tech section of the forum's...
    it will allow you to keep mother plant's for years in the same container's

4. thanks you guys. i was just wondering if i could keep a plant in a party cup or something small like that and maybe only harvest about an 8th. i am doing a real grow outdoors this year but i thought this would be fun seeing as how i have hundreds of bag seeds. maybe ill even start a a grow journal if it works.

5. i'd go bigger than a party cup bro..lol
    try a half gallon or 1 gallon, small but can grow some very nice plant's up to 2 feet or more if you want...easier to bonsia as well like this...your futher away from the root's center core/hub...making the bonsia method work really good...
    sound's like you will be weeding hermies and males...best thing to do man is grow some females (reg seed) or fem's (fem seed) first indoor's, clone the living shit out of them...and push clones outdoor's..keeping your bonsia mother's inside...for years to come..

cheer's

6. good idea, i might move it to a 1 gallon pot. im also using window light. it gets perfect morning sun until about 4 pm. any thought anyone?

p.s. dont call me an idiot for trying, this is purely for fun.

7. get somethin better...cfl's, HID, uv's all kind's of option's...gotta do some research figure out what work's best for you...or...
    put it outside and do outdoor this year..