Root Bound Plants w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by srhkid420, Feb 28, 2010.

1. OK so i had my 2 ladies in a couple basic pots that were only about half full with dirt. that was my first mistake.. i started noticing spotted and yellowing leaves. at first i thought i had some sort of nutrient deficiency until someone brought up the fact that they may be root bound. that was exactly it. i took my plants and carefully removed them from the pots and found roots beginning to gather around the base. since the pots were only half full to begin with i added more fresh soil to the bottom and carefully put the plants back on top of it. after this was all said and done i debated if i had gone about this the correct way..

I've done my research on this and found several different ways people like to fix root bound plants.. I'm beginning to wonder if i should have cut around or at least untangled the roots..

this is also my first grow so Ive made a lot of mistakes but that's how you learn...

the larger plant has been through helll.. i think at week 3 one hook on my light fixture came unhooked and fried the fuck out of a couple fan leaves and the center new growth that was comin out so she doesnt look that great and thats why there are some pretty nasty looking fan leaves.

all mistakes Ive made on this grow have been fixed correctly thanks to all you knowledgeable smokers on these forums.

Attached Files: