Root bound plants, anyone???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Skurr, Mar 19, 2009.

1. My plants are 8 inches and 10 inches and both are root bound. I think transferring will do nothing since they have already been flowering.

My question is;

Will having root bounded plants cause the buds to grow smaller? Or do buds normally grow without needing plant height?

2. The bigger the pots, the bigger the roots can go, the more weed plants will have. Use the biggest pot you can handle.

3. I know this.

But will having a root bounded plant stunt the size of the buds?

The plants only grow 10-20 inches. I have a 10 inch and an 8 inch. I doubt they'll grow more because they have been flowering.

4. Yes in that size of pot, buds are only going to get so big. Its not that they are stunted but in essence they sort of are. In one gallon pots I can only pull about 1-4-1/2 ounce under a 400 watt light. In my 3 gallon pot, voilla, I get an ounce or so. Therefore ,while the plants may not be stressed while rootbound in the smaller pots, yield is only so big.

5. A rootbound plant has hit a wall, both literally and figuratively, in terms of how much it is capable of growing above the soil. That will mean less total bud.