Root Bound flowering plants and transplanting?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sfrenger, Aug 26, 2012.

1. I just aquired 8 plants that were being abused by someone. They are in 3 gallon pots and are about 4 to 5 feet tall. Kinda late to be transplanting them, but one of them is already starting to hermie so I have to do what I have to do. On top of that, I had to throw away 3 young clones in order to make room for these (to stay under my medical marijuana county). Do you think transplanting these plants will hurt them in any way this late in the game, or will it hurt them worse being root bound? They are outside plants and I plan on finishing them outside, but they still have about 5 or 6 weeks to go.

2. I have the same question, the only exception being that mine are indoor plants. Thanks for any help! :confused_2:

3. They are in 3 gallon pots and now you want to move them to say a 5 - 6 gallon pots
    ...No they will do fine, better to find the light leakage thats causing the herm'ing, they will take a couple of days to settle down, just don't over feed.

Indoors out doors it's all the same to the pot....lol

peace
    "V"

4. Vostok, they were outside plants so they are flowering no matter what. Even though the plants were in 3 gallon pots, the dimensions of the root ball are 5" deep and 11" diameter. The plants were obviously stressed. I shot from the hip and put them in 10 gallon plastic pots and watered them in real good with a B1 solution that I had around. I'll know within a week if it was the right move. If they all hermie, they are going in the garbage.