Root bound at day 22

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Uniqueusername61, Jul 9, 2020.

1. I have 2 80% sativa 20% indica plants, they are both at day 22 transfer from solo cup to 5 gallon pot, i gave it no cal-mag yet or nutrients and it’s rootbound already. I can’t transfer to bigger pot as I don’t have the space. I’m growing under 100w 6500K CFL. Will it continue to grow or should i flower it.

Attached Files:

2. [​IMG]
    Hmm not root bound IME
    This might be.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yea why do you think its root bound? Its probably busy making roots right now with that size in that big pot...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Plant is not even close to being root bound. By the looks of the plant the roots are just starting to take. A 100w 6500k for the entire grow or are going to up the watts? Not enough watts for an indoor grow. IMHO

5. also not ideal spectrum to flower, right?

6. What makes you think it's rootbound? There's no indication of that.
    The plants look great and have plenty of room to grow.
    Like mentioned above.......you better get more light. Like now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yep. Like a 1000w gavita

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I used rootbound term wrong, i always thought that when roots are at bottom of pot to transplant but i guess that’s not always the case. And no 100w is just for veg, I’m putting 230w 2700K when i go 12 and 12.

• Like Like x 1
  9. We were all like damn, he knows something we don't lol. Rootbound is when it plants have outgrown ur container. Ur plants will show signs of it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I was told 6500K for veg and 2700K for flower due to the light spectrum of each of the bulbs.

11. sounds about right. just thought u would want to flower under 6500k

12. It's a stiff learning curve growing indoors for anything quality. Not going to get anything quality with 230w light. Like I said earlier, Gavita 1000w, the correct constant temperature, air circulation, C02, the best nutrients, soil and properly Ph'd water is the way to go to get quality all the way through the grow. AND Solar to offset the electricity bill. Or better yet, grow outdoors if you can. Good luck on your grow.

13. These are my 4 CBD plants outside.

Attached Files: