Root beer connoisseurs unite

Discussion in 'General' started by astro_righteous, May 10, 2010.

1. sprechers and point

2. i used to live in walking distance of the place where they make that in milwaukee. shits the bomb, they got dank beers too.

3. i couldnt imagine root beer having alcohol in it. im sure it would make it taste like shit

4. Any of the 'real' root beer brewed with yeast would have some alcohol content. It gives it more of a bite. Technically, though, root beer isn't even made the traditional way. We don't use the herbs anymore, so everyone uses extracts.

5. #45 NORRIN RADD, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    @ astro: Yeah that'd be gross.

Saranac I'm pretty sure isn't made from extracts but don't quote me on that...

On a side note; root beer barrels, the candy...yay or nay?

6. Nay

I always end up biting into them and then they get stuck on your teeth and they're just a bitch

7. a&w root beer floats
    ILOVE

8. root beer. is. the. fucking. shit.

9. the barrels are ok. i could only eat one tho.just kinda sugary and not the same.

its like eating grape jolly rachers, certainly dont taste like grapes at all, still good but not natural grape flavor

10. Yeah sky dog for sure, usually happens to me as well.

And yeah, I can't stand Grape Jolly's or Watermelon for that matter, tastes like the smell of an iron you iron clothes with...I'm strange, I know this.

11. i dont know about the smell of jolly ranchers.

but i think i remember having a sucker once that was root beer float flavored, i wasnt too keen on that one

12. The barrels are only ok as others have said. But root beer popsicles with the vanilla ice cream in the middle? Oh lawd yes. Fucking incredible.

13. im not a float kind of guy. its like root beer is good enough by itself, why do i need to add something to it? and vanilla ice cream of all things. i dont like vanilla as it is. why would i desecrate my beloved root beer by adding something i dislike?

14. Best thread ever!

IBC is my favorite. glass bottles all the way.

15. #55 zpyro, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] + [​IMG] = :hello:

16. Sassafrass beer ftw.

17. I drink a lot of Barqs cause that's mainly what they have around here.

I like MUG in a can, though.

18. i made it a point to look at the root beer in walmart today when i went to get some other shit. all they have in a bottle is IBC. which i guess should be expected cuz walmart is cheap and so why would they try to go out of their way to try and stock something that doesnt have that high of a demand.

so dont go to walmart unless you really dont like anything else.

19. You were expecting variety maybe? It's WalMart...

20. well i was expecting more than one kind thats for sure. i know there are others that are just as common as IBC.