root aphids?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sourdiesel123, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Plants are day 33 of flower been looking like this for a week or so my ph is of and there is excess ferts in medium all in 3 gal coco pots. PH runoff around 5 ppm around 1600 .5 scale. I'm wondering if these are root aphids as my last 2 harvest have ended up like this. I have plenty of gnats on sticky cards I originally thought these were hypoaspis miles but since I watched a video urban grower had and showed this in video I'm thinking these are same exact ones. I was figuring damage was from lockout and burn for excess nutrients in medium I'm am using botanicare growilla organic slow release ferts any help would be appreciated I looking into a future prevention methods in veg and flower

Attached Files:

2. No one has any idea

3. Rarely do aphids hit on a healthy plant but prefer sick or nute burnt plant as in your situation, the weakened immune system makes it a great feed out, but from my own view.. is they deplete the plant of its juice and do a very thorough  job of it too.

Fix the issue then the bugs, flush well 3 times the volume of the pot, or in your case no food for 10 days or until you see an improvement, 
    also spray with Neem Oil (organic) 2-3 times a day for 10 days ..or your favorite bug killer, even manually squashing bugs knocks them off, greatly.