Roors are a waste of money

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ay420, Mar 5, 2013.

1. I've ripped legit ones before and they smoke just as well as my 30$ one

Anybody else agree its a waste

2. cry about it

3. Really? I didnt know..

4. #4 InstaBlaze, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
    [quote name='"ay420"']I've ripped legit ones before and they smoke just as well as my 30$ one

Anybody else agree its a waste[/quote]

Lol :)

They're kinda overpriced but they're definitely not a waste of money. Why do you guys always pick the worst glass brands to bitch about?

5. No, I do not agree.

Because the price doesn't just reflect how the piece hits. It's also the quality of the work and durability of the piece.

All other things equal, I'd be willing to bet a RooR fairs better when tipped over or dropped, than your $30. piece.

6. But to be fair, the price for Roor can still not be justified without saying that your paying for the name. You def are paying some xtra for the name because you can find tubes with just as the same or a little worse quality for cheaper.

7. If you want to be, "fair," then the same can be said for many brands. But that's not the point of the thread. OP says his $30. bong is the same as a Roor. I disagree.

And the quality of the work definitely matters. When I look at my SYN and my Toro, and I see the grey rings that have developed by nearly all the welds on the SYN (but not the Toro which gets even more use), it's easy to see which one is made to a better standard.

8. I completely dissagree, sure its a decent amount of $ and is not for everyone but I love their simple effective durable design. I have the $ to spend so i picked up 2 myself and they are FAR better than any cheap bong I have ever encountered.. There are other sick bongs that compare some for a little less, but I am 100% satisfied with my peices. I can take a half gram hoot from my Zumo with a 29.2-18.8mm deffused downstem with a sheldon black ash catcher leading to deffused roor downstem, roor carbon filter(with a little carbon) then roor medium bowl and its smoother than a 0.1-0.2g hoot from any cheap or medium price peice ive tried. And if you hit my fairmaster (cold water in tube) with the ash catcher (warm water) you would be amazed how smooth the hit is, not to mention how great the taste is! though I also clean my bong and bowl after erry sesh.

I care about the quality in my smoking tools.. just the other day i dropped my sheldon black ash catcher on tile (first time ive ever dropeed a peice or part of it) I took a good look at it and it scuffed the tile and came out looking still 100% brand new. I can guarantee your cheap pos glass wouldn't have came out of the situation unharmed

9. I agree with this.

Sure your $30 bong might hit as well as a ROOR, but it's probably not nearly the same build quality. Would probably break much easier.

ROORs are so expensive because they have a reputation for being very high quality pieces.

It's like buying pretty much anything else brand name. Cars, computers, TVs, washing machines, kitchen blenders, damn near anything.
    Sure you can probably find a cheap car that will get you from point A to point B just as well as an expensive car. Sure you can probably find a TV that will give you the same picture quality as an expensive TV.

But you're risking lower quality. That's not to say the cheaper item will always be lower quality, sometimes it will work awesomely and you'll be happy that you saved a bunch of money.
    And sometimes it won't.

That's what you're paying for when you go with a more expensive brand name, a reputation for quality that means lower risk.

I personally wouldn't buy a ROOR because the money just isn't worth it for me. I'd say the same thing about many other name brand items. I'm willing to risk lower quality in order to pay less because I don't have a lot of money, but some people find it more worthwhile to pay more for that extra peace of mind that comes with buying a reputable product. :cool:

10. Its not a waste of money if it brings happiness to the person who bought it. Yes you are paying extra for the name, but if that's what you want, it's not a waste. I'm saying this and I don't even like RooR.

11. I bought my ROOR for $160 because the name wasn't printed on it and I switched out the downstem it came with for just a similar looking one... I've smoke and owned quite a ridiculous number of bongs and my GOTO bong is either the ROOR or a generic as little Zong. I don't think the name is giving you shit Cept maybe reliability I've seen my ROOR fall onto hard wood floor 3 fucking times and she's still 100%. I will say I think glass prices are rape tho especially here in Minnesota our top shops sell local artists glass for thousands of dollars I'm sorry if that's your only form of income but I just don't agree with that.

Sorry I just wake and baked...

12. Wtf are you serious? Gtfo

13. we all have opinions, please do not resort to name calling,
    it isnt allowed ..
    Thanks
    YODA

14. cry about it

15. Wtf are you serious? Gtfo

16. Sweet thread...

17. cry about it

18. thats like saying my Oldsmobile just as good as my BMW because they both get me from point A to B

19. Lolllllll sorry but im just tired of these dumb ass roor threads yoda

20. I had a Roor and absolutely loved it. Just a straight tube flat bottom with an ice catch. Very thick glass and very durable, feel like I could crack somebody over the head with it and then smoke a bowl no problem.