RooR vs. Toro vs. Illadelph

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by squijew, Mar 24, 2009.

1. #1 squijew, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    Trying to pick out a high end/priced bong. Here are the things im looking for.

- quality/durability
    - hitting ability (ie drag, smooth, etc)
    - possibly 1+ perc
    - something i wont get tired of hitting
    - asthetically pleasing
    (-) obviously price, i guess anything less than 400 (but if its sick willing to shell out more)

It's a toss up between these three, if you recommend any one in particular, could you please add a link or a pic? Thanks!

2. Toro hands down, a mini with 8 arm perc will run you about 250-275.

3. I went RooR with this. For a good price you can get a nice perc'd RooR tube, or you can get a nice Thick RooR with no perc, or go with a US Tubes. I personally would not look at a Toro unless it was a high end toro meaning 600 plus dollars, but that is just me.

US Tubes is a great choice, better than all of your options if you don't go with a perc.

4. US Tubes dominate the standard GonG market right now in my opinion. Majorly thick, marjorly inexpensive ='s winning combo. Lack of options does not. For some it's appealing... You mentioned wanting a perc though, so I will suggest going with a Toro, Not the most appealing to my eye (I happen to like downstems not fixed), but definitely going to let you know where the money went once you hit it. Happy hunting :smoking:

5. i think quite simply put, the best tubes out there are roor, toro, sovereignty (sg), and us tubes.

percs:

toro
    roor.us
    sg

non-perc:

us tubes
    roor.de

6. illadelph is not feelin the love =' [ i guess alot of people have never hit one.

7. This subject hast been beat to death, resurrected and then beaten again. However, functionally and artisticly the higher end Toro's are some of, if not the best tubes on the market. The only caveat is they are also one of the most pricey. If you want something a little more than clear glass and a label I'd suggest a straight tube Roor custom, as it will satisfy the functional part extremely well and have a killer worked section. If you're willing to spend a bit more, Toro hands down. My daily driver is a 7mm Roor straight and I've all but forgotten about it now that I've gotten a fixed stem.

8. I enjoy my RooR, but I did get it relatively cheap =p.

9. you would probably learn a lot more from searching here than starting a new thread...this subject has been talked about numerous times

10. I can only imagine so.....:rolleyes:

Because them three are the ILLEST bongs!
    :smoking:

11. I'd have to go with Toro, i've hit all 3 and nothing compares to a toro to me, but US Tubes would definately be my second choice.

12. They're all fine. If there are no limitations, get a toro, I would say. but you should be happy with any of them.

13. roor-europeon orgin, the standard is all around good bongs, good customer service in europe(lol), hard to find legitimate custom ones in the states
    toro- very east coast, interior perc masters but expensive, small company ,hard to find.
    illadelph- mid to west coast, most aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, can be a tad expensive but always worth it, best a/c's(splash guard), innovation, fastest growing b-company in the states

14. US Tubes would like to argue with you.

And for the purposes of the poll. Toro, I mean, look at the fixed stems. What more nuttyness could you want.

15. #16 papasandbeer, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    i agree us tubes is coming up fast aswell, but definetly not faster or bigger than illadelph. lets not get over are heads lol, maybe when they start making something more than a normal tube.

i dont do fixed stems, just makes that thing even more fragile and hard to clean. gog downstems ftw.

16. Extra

17. hate to break it to you but the coil condensers are 9mm chodes, they don't break
    and there not fixed either.

18. Well based off of your criteria:
    - I would stay away from Illadelph if you want durability. They tend to have thinner bases and don't have as high of a quality control as RooR and TORO
    - As far as drag, an Illy coil is really the only piece that could have drag. Any of your other options will be virtually drag free.
    - All 3 offer percs, each with their own style to them. TORO has your 8/13 and 13/18 fixed stems, RooR's have nice tree percs, and Illy has nice inlines.
    - You would probably be happy with any of the 3 and won't get tired of hitting it.
    - All 3 have very similar very clean glass styles. I guess if you prefer one logo over another, go with that one.
    - All 3 are going to be available for less than $400, and much more than $400, so price will be dependent on features.

If I were you, I think the TORO fits your needs the most. Very high quality, no drag, plenty of perc options, they look dope as hell and get you rippped. Price is really the only downfall, but you are dealing with high end glass, be prepared to pay for it. If you take care of the bong, it will take care of you and will last forever.

19. Whats so bad about fixed? I'd much rather have a fixed or a stemless...

Just because the coil itself is 9mm thick doesn't mean it doesn''t put the rest of the bong in harms way. I don't care what you think, but repeatedly fitting one piece of a bong into another, of that size, there is going to be a fumble.