ROOR VS GEAR lets compare some glass

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MunicipalWaste, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hello im from Canada and i have hit Gear bongs before but never a Roor. Ive read allot about Roors and it seems to be split between the people who own roors and those who dont. Such as your paying for a brand while those that own Roors state they are the best. Also i have been told that Gear is basicly the canadian Roor. but i would really like to compare them and see what peoples opinions are. Hopefully this will help make my decision between buying a Roor or a Gear.

I would like to start off by asking can u get a Roor with a difffuser flat to the bong. Ive noticed this on most gears and i prefer it.

Any opinions help thanks in advanced:bongin:

2. I have owned multiple ROORs. If you have the money, I'd recommend getting one. I have never hit a gear, let alone heard of it. But I'm not dissing them. ROOR's are definately quality pieces, but just make sure the one you get is legitimate. A lot of head shops who carry china glass have been selling fake roors. Google, "How to spot a fake roor" and there should be a thread somewhere about it. There is a lot of good stuff out there, just take some time and research it.

Right now I'm rocking a Sheldon Black tube and I love it! Not positive, but I was told Sheldon Black used to be the master blower for roor, if so it shows. His pieces are beautiful.

Hope that was helpful.
    :bongin:

also: what do ya mean by the diffuser being flat?

3. You are very mislead.

GEAR bongs are imported, the only canadian glassblowers that touch it do nothing more than assemble it.

They are on the higher end of the low-end spectrum.

Their glass is fine, but one of the most important parts of the tube, the joint weld, is usually rampant with stress points; and the bases and beakers are usually way thinner than they should/could be.

RooR on the other hand is made from Schott tubing, by experienced german or american artists, with one of the most solid joint welds and sturdy beakers/bases in the game.

ps: what do you mean diffuser "flat to the bong"

When you buy roor, you aren't just buying quality, you're buying near-perfection (i think the only ones that blow better straight tubes are US Tubes)

i kind of hate to burst your bubble, but thats how it goes....

also: what do you mean by the diffuser "flat to the bong"?

4. well put... :hello:

5. Flush diffy, like the kind SB and US tubes use. Roor doesn't make them, nor do their pieces come stock with a diffy, but you can always buy it separately.

6. I wouldn't say they make the best straight tubes anymore. Now you're misleading people. SG and SGW both make better straight tubes for cheaper

7. Most Canadian Headshops only have china glass, and gear is usually the "top" and most expensive glass in stock i find!..

depending how tax'd they are id look online in the 150-200 price range

8. I think you're also a little mislead, sir.
    I wouldn't classify RooRs as near perfect.
    :smoke:

9. Ya gear is alright but it has nothing on the quality of american glass. I can't vouch for the stress points but my 7mm definitely isn't 7 mm at it's thinnest. But It's still alright, the bong scene in canada sucks, it's disappointing.

10. this.

11. Roors used to be the shit to have, not you can find a lot of high priced single chamber tubes that can destroy roor in diffusion. SG tubes and SGW are some to name, I have a Toro Disk, Toro makes a few others, LW makes some good ones, really, there are soo many choices.

12. Thanks alot i was looking at a little sista rasta 3.2mm and a diffuser from EDIT. i do really like the look of toros and i would like a beaker before a straight tube, probley looking for about 14' tall. does any one know of some good places to order SG, SGW, toro or any others from?

13. ALT has a great selection

14. by straight tube, i mean tube, joint, diffy, base configuration

sg and sgw make more fix stems and stemlesses, and their roor-esque straight tubes, are not up to par with RooR.

SG has (or had) their straights made in the west coast glass shop when they were in high production. They maintained the same quality as ZOB, HVY, HBG, ph(X), and Lux, while RooR has all their glass made in-house, by professionals, and it goes through a grueling qc process.

SGW does the majority of his straights by himself, and he does a good job, but his base welds are a little weak, and his joint welds aren't near as 'uniform' as that of roor.