RooR Tech?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GolfWangKY, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An SG 180 grid will probably run you about 50 on average but you can get it for much cheaper if you check deals daily. You could either try A L T.com or boromarket.

2. Call up Just, he's in need of some companionship right now i think...

3. Keep my name out of your trolling crusade. Bad troll is bad

4. ZR for the win! I'm ripped!:hello:

Peace and pot ya'll!

Good night.:wave:

5. Now we're getting somewhere, actual discussion lol..thanks for the info
    I'll def be looking into a new downstem..

6. [​IMG]

7. #87 blazeddd, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Interesting what the community did to the OP.

I mean the dude posted a nice little comment right after my post on the first page, stating in a polite manner that he didn't care for any other bong other than one of these two roors. At this point, I don't see why people feel like it is their job to tell this guy that function>namebrand. I mean dude... he wants a roor, who cares? If he wants to spend his money on what he wants, then whats the difference? WE TRIED! Let him choose what he wants. But then the community just kept ripping and ripping and he turned into a huge troll.. >.<

Between dome percs and trees... trees are definitely the way to go. They may be "old" but atleast they function better than dome percs. I used to have a 13arm toro with sg gridded dstem, was amazing man.. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as well. But one more suggestion, get 1 tree perc... cleaning will be very annoying otherwise. (don't even mention the drag...)
    And the SG gridded downstem will be an excellent choice for a downstem. Always preference first, but I personally think those downstems are the best by far.

8. THANK YOU LAWDDY another sane person! lol :hello:
    Ya, the only reason I was looking at the dome perc'd one was because its a straight tube, which i think look better than the beakers, and it was another perc for only $15. The trees LOOK better by far, and thanks to this thread i know to steer clear from domes for various reasons..

9. Also if you can find a straight with 10arm tree that would be much better than a beaker version because straight designs have wayyy less drag. +Don't get fooled by an extra perc. All that ever does is add a little smoothness for a shitload of drag.

10. [quote name='"559420"']Hes clearly made his mind up and gonna get a roor.....So what if he spends HIS $ on it even though ppl have tried and explain to him that there is better alternatives out there. He said its just a piece to show off to his friends and yeah "get maaadd Pussy" because of the roor so why are u guys cock blocking?

LOL Let him spend his $ on whatever he wants. He clearly :rolleyes: understands the differences between bongs.[/quote]

Amen to that y'all !!

11. Jesus fuck, rename thread to bong brand bashing. Let the kid get what he wants

12. If I were going for a roor, I'd get a german straight with no percs, then add a nice downstem and ac

But otherwise I'd say just stay away from dome percs

The glass elitists on this site are really obnoxious

13. #93 Just619, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    How is it that if somebody trys to steer somebody in the right direction they are an obnoxious elitist. I dont know the op, but if he were my friend in real life I would offer him the same exact advice. I wouldn't want my friend to spend his money on something that is such ancient tech that holds little value in the scene these days. If the op wasn't so bull-headed and shit then the arguments wouldn't have even started in the first place.

14. [quote name='"Sparky88"']If I were going for a roor, I'd get a german straight with no percs, then add a nice downstem and ac

But otherwise I'd say just stay away from dome percs

The glass elitists on this site are really obnoxious[/quote]

It's like they're all retarded. They just can't get it.

Bit it will be funny to see them all jump ship when a new shiny brand comes out.

Everyone is pretty happy to say that RooR was the rolls Royce of bongs 10 years ago right. So why the fuck everyone hate so hard. Some people like different things. And everyone sees sg has cool tubes. But everyone likes different things.
    You never see a RooR smoker telling the functional guys that their gear is shit.
    We all spend our dough where we want.

Really do you think a guy driving a new gtr skyline is going to rip on a guy driving a 10 year old rolls?

15. exactly, the rolls royce of bongs 10 years ago

16. [quote name='"GolfWangKY"']

THANK YOU LAWDDY another sane person! lol :hello:
    Ya, the only reason I was looking at the dome perc'd one was because its a straight tube, which i think look better than the beakers, and it was another perc for only $15. The trees LOOK better by far, and thanks to this thread i know to steer clear from domes for various reasons..[/quote]

Straight or beaker depends upon the type of hit you want. When used properly, the beaker will be a tad smoother smoke, but a larger hit, slower clear, etc. I like straight tubes better for snaps and solos sessions, and beakers for party session or multiple smokers.

[quote name='"fairmasterOz"']

It's like they're all retarded. They just can't get it.

Bit it will be funny to see them all jump ship when a new shiny brand comes out.

Everyone is pretty happy to say that RooR was the rolls Royce of bongs 10 years ago right. So why the fuck everyone hate so hard. Some people like different things. And everyone sees sg has cool tubes. But everyone likes different things.
    You never see a RooR smoker telling the functional guys that their gear is shit.
    We all spend our dough where we want.

Really do you think a guy driving a new gtr skyline is going to rip on a guy driving a 10 year old rolls?[/quote]

Comparisons using cars are completely invalid. I understand your point, but you won't listen to theirs either. Roor has not evolved, it's still the exact same toob as it was 10 years ago as you said yourself. Only difference is that it's more expensive now.

Every other glass company has moved on, even weedstar has better functioning pieces than Roor. Now I'm not telling you to not buy your Roor. Do whatever you want (and I know you don't need me to tell you that) but it is best that anyone who wants to buy a Roor be warned of it's low resale value, it's terrible price/performance ratio, and other things associated with the Roor brand name.

SG is a trend because they offered the best price/performance ratio, and now they have begun to run on their name and popularity. But they still have debatably the best all around tube (hollowfoot pp pillar), and their prices have not shot up drastically since their 15 minutes of fame. (granted their resale values have been fluctuating into crazy highs recently, but their retail prices remain the same).

Also, dirt and just were chill but people on both sides need to smoke a few bowls. No reason to get mad at people on the Internet for reals.

I thought weed was supposed to be all about peace and love, not war lol.

17. [quote name='"Just619"']

exactly, the rolls royce of bongs 10 years ago[/quote]

And I lol'd... Really hard

18. [quote name='"Just619"']

exactly, the rolls royce of bongs 10 years ago[/quote]

Huh? that's exactly what I just said thanks for the confirm tho.

19. [quote name='"fairmasterOz"']
    Really do you think a guy driving a new gtr skyline is going to rip on a guy driving a 10 year old rolls?[/quote]

He probably won't rip on him, but he might think that he's a bit silly spending so much on a dated piece of technology.

And the guy driving the rolls gets to think that everyone think his car is the shit because they've heard of it before. And the guy in the skyline gets to get performance for his money instead of looks and a name.

It all comes down to what YOU want. And if you're going to ask for people's opinions on a public forum then you better be ready to get some replies that you dont want to read. The only reason people get so harsh is because they don't want to see someone buy a bong that doesn't function as well as one that they could have gotten, they aren't trying to be dicks.

&sry if parts of that didn't make sense, I just woke up and took .4 to the face in one hit

20. How much it would cost ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.