roor tech or lux

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jas420, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ive been wanting to purchase a new a peice but what do you guys think im between a 19" roor tech straight tube with a 10 arm tree perc for 355, which comes with one of those new x slit diffusers which kinda looks draggy. or a mini straight tube lux with tree perc for same price. also does anyone no if roor tech is legit

2. if you save up more i would get a 2011bc lowrider for 400 its got a gridded tophat perc

3. Roor Tech technically is Lux now

4. ahh okay did lux end up goin out of buisness or somthin.
    also i beleive the lux is a 5 arm tree perc will the 10 on the roor tech actually make a big difference

5. both kinda suck, consider sovereignty/2011bc/mgw/syn

6. I would agree with the "kinda suck" part. They aren't bad, but for the price you can get a much better hit all around. I would say those tubes can hold their own in the 200-250 price range, but at 350 it seems over priced. If you like the roor type tubes I would look at sheldon black. Much nicer tubes for sure, but even so the brands mentioned above will get you much more bang for the buck.

I owned a lux long ago when the brand was apparently pretty new..straight tube with I believe a 6 arm tree. It hit well, but it wasn't wonderful. A friend of mine also has a lux beaker with 2 tree perks (not sure on the arms). Very smooth hit, but way too draggy for my tastes.

bottom line..if you like the look of those tubes enough to justify the price then go for it, and you will probably be happy. If you aren't set on getting one of those I would look at other options.
    happy hunting:smoke:

7. Not true.

355 is way too high for a mini Lux straight. (200-300 max depending where)

8. isn't roor tech the new roor usa? lux is blown by the people(dementia) who blew the old roor us tubes.

but like someone else said, 355 for a lux mini perc is very expensive. they retail for $225 from the main distributor

9. anyone know how the berrel percs hit do they filtrate as good as the tree percs

10. Get ur Facts straight before telling people false information.

11. barrel percs are kiiiinda like a showerhead. and id assume they function better than a tree.
    BUT, as said before, you should probably go a different route if you're looking for the best hit for your price range.
    you can get a sovereignty for $310-$330

12. Bro, I don't think you realize, this bong has the letters R O O R on it.
    That MUST mean you have to pay alot more than necessary, and that no other company can compare, even though they make better hits for cheaper prices

13. I love my lux, but talk them down to at least 250; i got my 5 arm mini beaker for 180 otd :bongin:. and its still nice as ever to hit. Use it as my daily driver now.

14. If it's not a .de, it's not worth anything at this point, regardless of the perc. I'd only consider owning a RooR with a perc if it were from the dementia guys. American flag label FTW.

15. ...I know RooR is overpriced..
    Are you saying he should go with RooR just for the name?

16. no, he thinks that you aren't aware that people go for RooR just for the name

17. How could i be here for more than a week and not know that, if i somehow didnt know that before joining -___________-
    n00bs get flamed constantly for spending too much on RoORs

18. RooR Tech is very legit. Oh, man... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo6QltRS3V0&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

19. #19 Blahblehblew, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    btw the X slit is not draggy at all, if anything the RooR tech is the least dragiest, most smoothest, most cleanest and most tastiest thing I ever hit. The precision, quality and craftsmanship on it is A+
    with roor it's hard to find flaws in their products. after all they did pretty much start the game. once you own one you will find yourself having a hardtime convincing yourself you made a wrong/bad purchase. roor is top of the line, like mercedes. you're really not paying a stupid amount for the quality and performance of a tube that roor is willing to put their name on.

20. ^^ you don't happen to work for RooR Tech by any chance do you??