Roor tech, is NOT Roor.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dev N, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Just thought I'd clear something up for my fellow blades.

I've read in a couple of post of some people saying, "It's nice to see ROOR nowadays with Percs and new designs"

Or anything relative to that.

ROOR tech is not ROOR.
    ZOB glass makes ROOR tech. Not ROOR.

Not to say tech is better or worse. I own both.

Just thought I'd clear that up :D

2. Is ROOR supporting this ROORtech thing? :confused:

If they are, then I would assume one of two things. Either the quality is as good as ROOR, or ROOR is becoming less concerned about quality. :confused_2:

3. [quote name='"junkiedays"']Is ROOR supporting this ROORtech thing? :confused:

If they are, then I would assume one of two things. Either the quality is as good as ROOR, or ROOR is becoming less concerned about quality. :confused_2:[/quote]

From what I'm aware of, since ROOR.us is no more, either one or two things...

1. ROOR.us blowers went to ZOB or...
    2. ZOB said fuck it lets start a new line and kinda keep a .us version ROOR still going.

Combination of both maybe?

But as of true ROOR.de supporting them?... I seriously doubt it. The quality is nice yes, but zob nice.

It's apples and oranges man. Two totally different kind of tubes.

From what I'm aware of once ROOR.us stopped production, out of that you got a split of two different company's...

ROOR tech and Sheldon Black.

For those who didn't know, the guy who started Sheldon black was a previous ROOR blower.

Haha it's 4:22 and eyes are already red

4. #4 fairmasterOz, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    As far as I know there will only be RooR and RooR tech from now on.
    RooR.de know what's going on its their company:)
    RooR.us was a reputation disaster for RooR.de but I'd say the $$ were in it so maybe smart business. The job producing RooR.us was lost more than once for quality control but in the end it just proved that you can't make .de quality tubes in a full production factory. So now every RooR logo product will be to one standard and i assume will keep relatively simple in design.
    RooR tech will be advertised as a company of its own and should be judged accordingly in both reputation and quality. ( i dont know if this is possible:/ )Hopefully this will allow RooR tech to tighten their own belts and get into some serious innovative glassblowing without being held back by RooR itself and the super tight company image.
    Just my 2c sorry, ramble ,high ;)

5. *** The More You Know ***

6. Who ever said RooR tech has new designs? :laughing:

7. I thought Zob was RooR.us...

I know Sheldon is blown by an old RooR blower...I thought Zob was too. I'm probably wrong tho

8. yeah the name is rather hilarious

"ROOR TECH WITH TECHNOLOGY!"

you mean Trees and dome percs?

"TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wheres the stemless at?

"technology =("

9. But when people see a toro 7/11 they call it technology.

Tree percs are used by pretty much every single high-end company. While they may have been used for quite awhile they are time tested and proven. The only change to tree percs is that they are now reinforced. It's like an internal combustion engine, sure its old and had its problems back in the day. By fixing those problems you create a great running engine.

If you want to get into dome percs, what is a circ perc anyways? Just a dome with fancier slitting.

ROOR tech doesnt want to try new things, it would be like finding gold and then deciding to dig somewhere else. Which is why ROOR tech isnt going anywhere, they back there product which is what a company is suppose to do.

If we wanna talk technology, lets talk about there "Lean Back" design. If you are medicaly ill and cant get out of your bed to medicate you can do it laying down.

Technology is something that betters our lives. Believe me a stemline, circ, or showerhead isnt something thats going to improve your life.

10. I wouldn't consider RooR a high end company anymore, they are more hype than anything IMO. Toro, Illadelph, and local artists... Thats whats up.

11. [quote name='"CollegeBlaze"']

Believe me a stemline, circ, or showerhead isnt something thats going to improve your life.[/quote]

I disagree with this statement.

12. me too!! have you ever hit any of the three collegeblaze?

13. Roors were one of the top high end glass bongs in the primitive times of nice glass. Times have changed they have only gotten better. Clearly you have definitely not hit a really good bong before, with an opinion like that. Bongs such as the sovereignty stem to 8 arm or whatever the list is huge, better filter the smoke so it is a much smoother rip. That means less discomfort on your lungs and throat. So not coughing is not an improvement on your life? I own a Roor and yes its a nice bong. It is thick glass and it hits hard. However i would definitely not call it the best and honestly it is the worst one out of the 3 that i own.

Illadelph= Hype....im a few hours from philly so ive seen a bunch around. They have never impressed me, mediocre at best. Maybe if they were to go stemless that would help but I cant help but believe that stemless is the wave of the future

14. Have you guys not seen the NE roors yet? Roor obviously cares more about trying to pimp their brand than quality anymore.

15. In my opinion the tree perc is a dying perc... I'm am not a glass blower, but it seems as if they would be more difficult to make and they are clearly less effective at achieving an even diffuse than Circ's/tophat's etc. I would only buy a tree perc with closed-off ends; the trees with open ends are silly cus the smoke will always take the path of least resistance (and less diffusion) past most of the slits.

And let me say, as an owner of a stemline, a circ-circ and a showerhead... they definitely have had an improvement on my life :D

16. I have two tree perc style pieces, one bubbler, and one bong (alex k to tree).

Tree percs are definitely outdated...they work and all, don't get me wrong, but they're much more fragile (even when reinforced), draggier, and they don't diffuse as well.

Compared to my stemline, its nothing. So yeah they need to step it up.

17. 1. Combustion engines are some of the most inefficient engines you can come up with when you consider price of fuel > available output in value.

2. Wood has bettered humans lives since our existence, we make houses, boats, tools, even paper from wood. Is wood technology..?

18. [quote name='"kliff2004"']

yeah the name is rather hilarious

"ROOR TECH WITH TECHNOLOGY!"

you mean Trees and dome percs?

"TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wheres the stemless at?

"technology =("[/quote]

Prob should do a bit of research on that kliff.
    google search RooR tech stemless should do it.

I'm glad RooR hasn't put percs in any of their tubes. Not everybody likes more diffusion, and I'm pretty sure the guys running RooR know a bit more about glass and obviously business than all of you.

Weather you want to acknowledge RooR as a top company or not, it is.
    And seriously if you think they have somehow forgotten to 'keep up' than your all idiots.
    Just because VW makes a hatchback that can do 1000 miles on a tank of fuel doesn't mean everyone wants one or every maker should make the same.

Happy new year!
    Oz

19. ...did someone say ROOR? :D
    In all seriousness, I'm really interested to see where ROOR will be 3-5 years from now...

20. same exact spot that they're at now? people are still going to buy brand name items like roor