RooR straight or beaker?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TheWriter, Dec 2, 2011.

1. #21 kliff2004, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I remember when I knew nothing about glass ^_^

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/829650-all-new-bubblicious-bong-glasscity-7mm-percolator-bliss-$150-usd.html

Found one. Now this isnt equal, but you will find its an extremely well made bong. But what about price? surely something of comparable quality will have a comparable price?

a RooR 7mm beaker would probably cost over 400 dollars.

This costs 150 with out any discounts. If it were instock right now you could get it for 105.

You sir.

have been schooled.

XDDDD damn man, I like the bud light idea way more than the pop corn.

But he's not a very good troll, so he would'nt be to entertaining.

2. Hey Kliff why do you even bother man? The OPs obviously buying a Roor whether you like it or not. You should keep your negativity to yourself instead of shitting in someone elses cereal.

3. Lol its cool.

oddly enough there was another "IM GONNA BUY A ROOR" thread today, filled with the exact same kind of comment I made.

Op was rather appreciative that everyone let him know what he was about to do.

::hands 559420 a bud light::

Enjoy man.

4. [quote name='"kliff2004"']Im gonna laugh at all the people trying to make me look bad on the internet.

Here I go. ::chuckles::

ROOR - 5.0mm Collector's Line Grasscity Icemaster Bong - 45cm - 18.8mm - Grasscity.com

There ya go OP.

If your really interested in a RooR, you can get a One of a kind RooR with your name on it

for 30% off right now.

420 for your own one of a kind.

Anything else would be a waste.[/quote]

N u could tell ur friends u got it 4 $420 to add to the coolness of a roor. :cool:
    . :wave:

5. ........you know I didnt even fuckin realize the price?

Wow, IM a bad stoner LOL!

6. [quote name='"Dev N"']

You sir have been seriously been misinformed.

Show me a non ROOR tube that meets EQUAL standards of a ROOR.

Go ahead I'll wait. You won't find one

Just because you think they are overpriced doesn't mean he shouldn't buy one.

You sir are absolute no help to this thread, the OP was which ROOR should I get.

...not which ass hole thinks ROOR is overpriced.[/quote]

Rep when I get on my computer. I didnt ask if anyone thought I should get something different. I explain it like this to my gf; you want prada sunglasses but another pair could easily be cheaper and function just as well. Same for bongs for me, except I have yet to hit a tube I think truly out performs my buddys German roors

7. [quote name='"kliff2004"']Im gonna laugh at all the people trying to make me look bad on the internet.

Here I go. ::chuckles::

ROOR - 5.0mm Collector's Line Grasscity Icemaster Bong - 45cm - 18.8mm - Grasscity.com

There ya go OP.

If your really interested in a RooR, you can get a One of a kind RooR with your name on it

for 30% off right now.

420 for your own one of a kind.

Anything else would be a waste.[/quote]
    Sorry to double post if I am.
    Tempting...very much so. I might save up and go this route.

8. [quote name='"kliff2004"']

I remember when I knew nothing about glass ^_^

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/829650-all-new-bubblicious-bong-glasscity-7mm-percolator-bliss-$150-usd.html

Found one. Now this isnt equal, but you will find its an extremely well made bong. But what about price? surely something of comparable quality will have a comparable price?

a RooR 7mm beaker would probably cost over 400 dollars.

This costs 150 with out any discounts. If it were instock right now you could get it for 105.

You sir.

have been schooled.

XDDDD damn man, I like the bud light idea way more than the pop corn.

But he's not a very good troll, so he would'nt be to entertaining.[/quote]

Trust me I'm not here to entertain anybody, drink your bud light and jack your self off for all I care...

You said for yourself that they are NOT equal. ROOR is higher quality glass. PERIOD.

That's my point. That's why it's expensive, and it's one of the most reputable company's.

Yes that grass city bong is great for the price, and hell yeah I would buy it for that. You make a great point. For the price that is great.

But the OP didn't ask your opinion on the price or what else to get.

Sooooo I'm not sure how you "schooled" me.

And who's to say I don't know glass? You!?!? Some grass city mother fucker that's never met me?

C'mon now. I think you've underestimated me. You have no idea what I know.

And for you to assume. It just makes you look bad brother bear. Chill out. Post comments that actually have to do with the OP.

9. I totally understand what ur saying op....get whats gonna make you happy.......b4 I bought my matrix I did ALOT of research and RooRs were one on the list but I got a matrix instead. Just wondering though...have you tried many different kinds of bongs with different kinds of diffusion before you came to that conclusion that no other bongs out performs ur buddys roors? Not judging ur opinion just curious.

Personally Im always looking for something better....just a bad ocd thing I guess. Got my matrix like 6 months ago and already wanna "upgrade"...but thats just me though. But at the end of the day its ur bong and u are gonna be the one spending your $ on it so as long as it makes u happy then get it. Beaker vs straight is a preference....looks like its a close race on the polls though.

10. The only thing I can think of is; I have never tried a bong with inline diffusion, although I would really like to....

11. [​IMG]
    .[​IMG]

12. #33 tokin', Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I like straight tube bongs in general - I like a fast clear with minimal drag.

You can find a much better bong for the price of a plain-jane RooR

13. [quote name='"559420"']
    I totally understand what ur saying op....get whats gonna make you happy.......b4 I bought my matrix I did ALOT of research and RooRs were one on the list but I got a matrix instead. Just wondering though...have you tried many different kinds of bongs with different kinds of diffusion before you came to that conclusion that no other bongs out performs ur buddys roors? Not judging ur opinion just curious.

Personally Im always looking for something better....just a bad ocd thing I guess. Got my matrix like 6 months ago and already wanna "upgrade"...but thats just me though. But at the end of the day its ur bong and u are gonna be the one spending your $ on it so as long as it makes u happy then get it. Beaker vs straight is a preference....looks like its a close race on the polls though.[/quote]

Great answer!

I'll take one of those beers if you still have one!

14. Strait tube all the way!!! They look so much better.

But if you seriously think ROORs are the best quality there is, then youre smoking too much :smoke:
    Yall need to explore some other brands and do some research! But fuck it, who cares, im too baked.

15. hah, if you've got the means then it's better. Personally, RooR is absolete when it comes to high-end glass these days. :wave:

16. #37 Fëanor, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    I like beaker bottoms:
    -More water means deeper bubbliness, and the water also stays cleaner and dirties the bong less.
    -More stable because there is more weight at the bottom of the bong
    -More comfortable to sit in my lap for extended periods of time
    -Slightly more intense hits. Feels a little more gratifying
    -Appearance. I think they look nicer.

As for all the Roor hate, I'll say this
    1 - Roors are expensive but not necessarily overpriced. I just picked one up for like $130.
    2 - Roors are finely manufactured glass pieces. Calling them obsolete is pretty ridiculous IMO. True, they have not implemented some of the crazier unique diffusion techniques that other manufacturers have.

But you really think that poking a bunch of fucking holes in different places in the glass is revolutionary technology? Shifting some tubing around? All bongs are doing the same thing...on one side of the water (inside the bong) you create a low-pressure pocket using your lungs. The higher atmospheric pressure outside the bong pushes air in through the bowl (providing oxygen for the burning herb) and through the water to the inside of the bong and eventually to your lungs.

Roors smoke plenty well and aren't even close to "obsolete"

Personally I like a KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) approach. Percolators, trees, small holes, etc. are all a fucking pain in the ass to clean compared to a simple bong with some ice catches. IMO this is part of why Roor has not gone crazy with the features that newer manufacturers have. KISS is more their style.

Roors are great, just like many other fine manufacturers :smoking:

17. I have a RooR beaker, and I have a RooR straight tube...I love the straight tube, hits very hard.

*It's also very easy to clean

18. straight is easier to clean and more compact than a beaker. i prefer a straight. I own a roor mini beaker and a 18" illadelph straight. I rip the illy 99% of the time