RooR Repair

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by swoo18, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Hey everyone. I have RooR Crowned Beaker that broke. I've had the bong for 6 years and it was a Birthday present from my dad when I turned 18. It's a sentimental piece and I'd love to repair it. Any ideas on where to go? I'm from the LA area.

Attached Files:

2. I know in Europe you have root shops you could go to and i think the states are supposed to have some too. Sadly, to me it doesn't look like something that can be repaired

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. You have to find a local glass blower that knows what he is doing. Probably won't be cheap, but it's for the sentiment, not the money. You just wanna make sure its fixed properly, which could cost you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Send it to roor, they will hook you up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Contact glassrepair805 dot com that guy does repairs for people from all over the country. He'll be able to tell you ahead of time if its fixable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you cant find anyone to properly fix it, you can get it ugly but working. After cleaning all around the break very well with acetone, you can super glue (or other cyanoacrylate glue) the broken piece back on. After it has dried and set a few hours, take a rag dampened with acetone and clean the inside of the GOG very well to make sure you don't have any glue sticking up. Let completely dry without the down stem in it. Be careful, the acetone can soften the glue. Coat the OUTSIDE of the joint with epoxy (2 part glue) made for glass. Some of them even come with a surfactant to help it stick better. Coat from the tip all the way to the beaker. Put a new diffuser in it and it is ready to rock. If the joint where the diffuser meets the bong leaks, use a small bead of clay in the gap between the top of the joint on the bong and the part of the diffuser that is sticking out. I have 'fixed' about 4 roors that were broken exactly the same as yours back in the day. They weren't the prettiest, but they worked just as well. It will be easier for it to break again, but you can clean it up and use the same technique.

7. I don't think it could reasonably be fixed, as far as resoftening the glass together. I would fix it us glue (as described above) but possibly use colored glue so that it becomes a feature. You won't be able to hide the fix.