Roor question?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Cannabis 420, Jan 20, 2010.

1. I was looking at a Roor today at my LHS, well i think it may be a fake its a 5mm Icemaster but the only thing that gets me all the labels are perfect the signature looks the same as others i have seen on ROORs in the past but the diffuser has slits in the bottom side of it rather than an open end or holes. anyway has anyone seen this before because it looks nice just dont wanna pay 200 for a fake.

2. If I were in your position I would first aquaint myself with the sigs in the ROOR ID thread just to make sure. And then if you really are so skeptical about the diffy just ask your LHS if they could throw in a different one instead. From my experiance they're usually pretty cool about that.

3. I second the suggestion to check the sticky. You could also list the name of the shop and town here... someone might have experience with the shop in question. I think ROOR did make slit diffusers in the past... but for all I know they could have been fake. Maybe an older head can help here? :confused_2:

4. i have read through the roor sticky and feel that all the labels and sigs look fine its just the diffuser that seems odd i havent seen a ROOR yet with the slit design just straight pipe or holes anyway the LHS is Space Station in Norfolk VA. if anyone has experience i think im gonna check out 2 other shops tommorow and see if they have some ROORs and see what the diffs on them look like

5. Hey man, if your close enough to go to the Space Station then you should drive the extra and go to Kulture in Richmond, VA. They have the BEST R00R selection in all of this area and they are all legit with good prices and nice people. The guy posts on here so he might be able to tell you if Space Station has legit R00R but even if they do they don't have a selection like Kulture does.

6. Dude, kulture is SO sick.
    def. check it out

7. Yeah if you're close to kulture id go there, also seems slightly sketchy with the diffy, and think to yourself, if you've been to this headshop before and theyve never had roors and just randomly got them then Id be suspicious. I too came across a really good fake recently, almost bought it but got some pics on here and people started noticing the smallest things.

If you're buying a Roor, id go to an authorized dealer. Or maybe at kulture you'll find something else you like, with their awesome selection and all

8. Ya I've been thinkin about goon to kulture for some time now I actually want to look at a Sheldon black so I may have to go that route instead

9. Hmm, did the slit diffuser on the bong say Roor on it? If it is that means it's not real because Roor.de and Roor.us don't sell slit diffusers, only the ones with holes. But if it doesn't say Roor it's probably like a diffuser t throw on a bong. If you checked out Roors before and feel that one is a nice 5mm then it's may be real, hard to tell without pics though.

10. Yes it did say roor on the diff

11. Hmm, well It seems odd to me kinda. I'm pretty sure Roor.de and Roor.us only do the diffuser with the holes.

12. ROOR only sells pierced hole diffusers now. Pierced hole diffusers haven't been around for ROORs entire tenure on the market though. I don't have the experience to know if this is true but it seems to me that there must have been another ROOR diffuser before the pierced hole ones or all their tubes would've just had plain downstems.

But maybe they did all just have plain downstems.... who knows? I have seen a slit diffuser with ROOR printed on it though.

13. Kulture had SGs for $225

14. They do have slit diffy's, my lhs is an authorized dealer and they got some awhile ago. I was there two weeks ago looking for a pierced hole diffy for my roor but all they had were the slit ones, which i have had bad luck with on several occasions.

15. Come to think of it... The place I saw one was Waterbeds N Stuff in Columbus... and they are an authorized ROOR dealer. Lol... Thanks.

What kind of bad luck have you had?

16. I broke one in my aschcatcher and another in my bong, both broke at the slits. IMO, they just aren't worth the money, now i basically have 2 regular downstems. :eek:

17. Good to know. I turned down the one I saw but that was because it couldn't fit my tube. I was so ignorant at the time... didn't even realize the joint on my tube was like 20 something mm. It was a Sour and I went to like 5 or 6 shops looking for a diffuser that would fit.

I never found one... but I did find a lady working at Dream Merchant that told me there was no such thing as a joint larger than 18mm. LOL! They are a ROOR authorized dealer... and she tried to tell me that 18mm is the largest joint size... clearly she was clueless. ZUMO!

It must be mad easy to become a ROOR authorized dealer... they should be more careful about what kind of idiots they allow to sell their stuff... or maybe headshops should start hiring glassheads instead of airheads and tweakers.

18. Ya i think i know more about the stuff my shop has than the guys that usually work there. I once asked when they were getting their sheldon blacks in and the guy said he didn't even know what SB was. Lmao, the next week they had a shelf full of them and i asked if they were done selling roor and he said no, we are getting a new shipment of brand new ones this week :rolleyes:. This was like 2 weeks ago and they are now down to the last 5 roor's i believe.

19. He might have been right... they new ZOB ROORs are already hitting shelves. I don't know how they could possibly be turning them out so fast... but they are.