Roor quality question?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by kindbud319, Feb 15, 2009.

1. #1 kindbud319, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    So, i just read in trikkys BHO thread that roors are made in a factory by regular people, Not the 10 or so artists i though did it. And thats what i thought the signature was for, to signify which artist had blown it.

Now in no way am i bashing the roor label/company because i own one myself and have found it to be really great quality, sturdy,thick,clean welds, and all that good stuff you expect with a quality bong.

But i was wondering what makes them so quality if its just reguler Joe shmoes making them in a factory, and if thats the fact then why do they have signatures (not all of them do). I thought the signature let you know what artist made it, but i guess im wrong.

I guess what im asking is why do roors cost so much more then other bongs if there made buy random people who are just doing it for a paycheck.
    I though you had to have a scientific glass blowing degree to work for roor, and i though you had to be pretty reputable to make roor bongs,
    and thats why i got mine.
    But know i find out there made buy a bunch of random people in a warehouse, and i kinda feel like i got ripped off by buying my roor, Im still very happy with it but im just surprised.

Anyone feel free to enlighten me

EDIT* i would never downgrade to a no-name tube in any case though, when i get another tube it will be a roor/sg/toro/quivalent quality bong

2. only germans have signatures. US roors do not. Its high quality glass made by glass pros not glass artist.

3. Where in Mass did you pick up a roor? I would say the quality and time put into making the piece makes it what everyone desires.

You need a scientific glass blowing degree to work for illadelph. :bongin:

4. #4 kindbud319, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009

Im ripping a Roor.us with signature right now,

I have a rasta label Roor.us with a sig and ive seen and ive seen so many us roors with sigs, ive prolly seen 50-70 us roors with sigs at a few different shops ive been to. so idk what your talking about.
    i dont think they made german rasta lables but i could be wrong, and all the us roors ive seen with sigs could have been german but i dont think so.

Ohh and i got my roor at OPM in providence and they had quite a selection of roor.us bongs that had sigs

5. yea i know there pretty quality, you can tell because the glass is the same thickness all the way through

6. If you don't think they are worth it don't support the company. But honestly would so many people go after RooR is they weren't made of quality?

Its not a potsmoker conspiracy...

7. Sig worthy!

8. I feel the same way as kindbud... As an owner of a .us rasta label myself, I too was curious about the blower and if the sig had anything to do with identifying him. I guess I would feel kinda jipped cuz it would be cool if you saw the same sig on different pieces so you knew who blew it.

9. how do you tell if you have a .us label?

10. I think if the sig is on the right of the piece when your looking straight at it then its a .us label. Not 100% though

11. well, roor is quality glass either way so why question it? they're good at what they do, that's how they get hired. not really joe shmoes.

12. I think some of you are talking what im saying wrong,
    What im trying to say is im a huge Roor fanatic and i know that roors are quality, and because they are quality glass i would never buy another brand, except for a toro, because toros a really nice bongs.

Also i am saying is im alittle dissapointed that the signature doesnt represent what artist/blower made it, But all in all i am very happy with my roor