ROOR is by far the best bong brand on the market.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tgr, Sep 27, 2010.

1. .................:cool:

2. you gotta be kiddin. im saying roor extremists dont exist. i own a damn roor, i am not hating on it. at all.

3. IDK ABOUT THIS ROOR MUMBO JUMBO, I just like zig zag papers:smoke: keepin it oldskool

4. thats fantastic, keep us posted.........................................................................

5. Just parted with my ROOR of 2 years and they are smooth and great pieces, but really overated and there are a lot of new things on the market that are groundbreaking.
    Toro out of NY is making some crazy "showerhead" downstems, Sheldon black left ROOR and is doing his own Sheldon Black line that are sick. Also Olympic is crazy, they do colored downstems!

6. Sheldon black isn't a person, it's a brand! I'm tired of seeing glass noobs saying it's an individual, some blowers from roor.us went to blow for them once roor.de took back licensing from Dementia. But ya, i'm trying to get rid of my Roor Ashcatcher with diffy and keck clip, it's a fine piece, but i want to upgrade to a different a/c.

7. Down rep for not only making this pointless ass thread.. but for bumping it? really? you thought your opinion on RooR was so important that you felt compelled to bump this thread?

yikes.

8. [​IMG]

9. roor is das poop

10. >tgr

yup you kinda seem like a roor fanatic. lol.

btw if you dis roor so much you should part with it and get a toro. and we all know toro beats roor everytime...;)

11. I've smoked from many Roor, PH(X), ZOB (old and new), TORO, and from many china glass brands such as Venom. The big name brands were all awesome pieces, the china glass brands were okay. But the one thing I remember is this:

When I smoke from an expensive name brand piece (Roor, Toro, Zob, etc.), it's always a great smoke. BUT other than that, I don't remember the differences between them because I got too high :D.

I own a ZOB and I love it. I've smoked from a similar Roor (same size, set-up, etc.) and it was just as good of a smoke (correction awesome smoke, but just as good as my non-Roor), but nothing amazing about the Roor piece itself. The printed on label didn't suddenly give the glass amazing super properties. Plus the fact that glassblowers move between companies should also be indicative that no one brand reigns truly supreme unless they're innovators in their craft.

So I'll maintain that Roor is NOT the best brand on the market unless you can give me data on the material being better, design being better, manufacturing being better (only if it affects the quality of the end result), and/or performance of the bong being better.

12. Roors aren't flashy but they are quality pieces. Hell i use a 30 dollar straight glass tube with a nice female and bowl added and it hits prime.

13. This argument is simple.

Roor.de make the best quality single chambered pieces. There is no actual question about it I handle a lot of glass every day and nothing has ever beat it for simple quality. For colour work and function other companies easily beat them though.

Roor.us used to be good nowhere near .de standard but the with new generation roors the standard has dropped massively. They are now made from Simax glass in a massive factory and I have seen some shocking work coming out.

14. #54 Capital, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    It's personal preference. Some people enjoy "name brand" glass.

Who cares how people choose to spend their money.

I will be the first to admit that when I got my first high quality pipe I got a RooR because I knew it was something that was quality, perhaps not the best in every ones opinion but none the less it was high quality and well known. I *personally* not knowing as much about the glass industry as I would like would rather spend a bit more and know that I am getting something of quality than take a crap shoot at something I haven't heard of and end up with shit. Even after significant research I wasn't comfortable getting a piece from a company I had not heard of or there weren't a significant amount of reviews on. This being said, I absolutely love my roor.

15. i did not bump anything, your rep was pretty neutral though ;)

16. Worrd?

17. #57 Hashsnob, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
    false. There's always been bongs of roor quality and better. Ever played soccor with a hurricane bong back in the day? no? well you could have, and they hit better imo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrIokoFpB0o"]YouTube - Hurricane - unbreakable?[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2UJ2f9Rbxs"]YouTube - Flipping my Hurricane![/ame]

18. Are you retarded? You are doing EXACTLY what you just said other people shouldn't do. GTFO kid and quit trolling.

19. Jokes.

I stopped selling hurricanes because their joints were awful. The downstems wobbled about and didn't seal properly and the finish on them was awful. Huge scratches on the inside of the glass and generally shonky workmanship.

20. ive had several hurricanes and my buddys do to, the joints are recessed.. theyll never break and they seal perfectly over the last 5+ years of use. scratch free. our roor's of that age I cant say the same for. dunno who your supplier was...:rolleyes: