ROoR Diff and Perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by rsmokes, Jun 14, 2010.

1. I just picked up a roor and love this thing. I want to add to it but have a few questions. Im new to bongs and the lingo that goes along with them so if someone could explain to me. What is a peculator and diffuser and what advantages to they bring to the table ?

thanx alot. working on getting a milkshot of the new roor.

new poster btw, great looking forum here.

2. smoother hits..
    your roor probably came with a dot diffused downstem. they usually do.

3. #3 Adam Bomb, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
    Depends if it's a Roor.de or Roor.us. The .de's are the ones with the pierced hole diffy's.

A diffuser is the downstem that goes into the bong. The part that your bowl goes into.

The difference between a diffuser and a normal downstem, is that a diffy has a bunch of holes along the side, chopping up the bubbles even smaller then they would on a normal downstem. This causes the smoke to touch more water, leading to it being smoother.

Normal downstem:

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/roor_3_part_downtube_18.jpg

Diffuser:

[​IMG]

A perc (Or "Percolator") is an extra chamber on the neck of the bong for extra diffusion and it further cools off the smoke.

Here's a few different types of perc's:

Classic tree perc

[​IMG]

Dome perc

[​IMG]

Halo perc

[​IMG]

4. didn't know that, good to know. :wave:

5. oh jez, could someone hook me up with a link or pic of what exactly ur talking about?

i dont think mine has it but i could be wrong

6. its not a roor diffy, but its the same thing basicly
    [​IMG]

7. Yeah, I edited the post with much more info for ya. :)

8. Wow great help guys.

how is everyone posting pics on here ?

9. No doubt!

Just copy the image URL (It will end with .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc..), click the "[​IMG]" icon in the Reply Box, paste the url in the pop-up, and hit enter.

10. what if its my pic though off my laptop. i took it with my phone and put it on the pc?

11. Upload to a site like tinypic.con and then post the link from there

12. Use tinypic.com to upload them from your computer and copy the code with brackets around it. All you gotta do with that is paste it and hit enter.

If you want to attach them directly from your computer:

Click the "[IMG]http://forum.grasscity.com/images/editor/attach.gif" icon in the reply box. A pop-up will come up with multiple slots that say "browse" next to them. Just click those buttons and upload the pics from there. :)

13. Upload it to a hosting site from your computer, then copy and paste the IMG code of the picture.

14. Ok heres a pic of my ROOR. if you can tell exactly what this one is ? like model that would be great ?

[​IMG]

def prolly too big

15. Looks to me like a 7mm Roor.de Fairmaster. :)

(Next time you upload pics from tinypic, re-size it and choose "Message Boards" (640x480) as the size setting)

Nice tube, dude. How much did it run you?

16. Oh now i can brag. sticker from the head shop was 189

drum rooooooollllllllllllllllll

i paid 100.34

they had all the roors 40% off

17. That price is a steal! :eek:

18. I know after a little research i walked in looking for a decent bong and I walked out with this thing.

took me 2 days befor i got to use it. DO YOU KNOW HOW annoying it is to have such nice glass sitting unused. Just chillen in the box like SMOKE ME

19. Yea bro I got my bday bong( an Illy) a few years back like days before and was waiting to hit it. But once I hit that bowl of dank with some keif on top, it's worth the wait.

20. Pretty sure that's a US, and for the price he paid probably more like a 3.2mm-5mm.

Nice piece man enjoy it!