Roor custom little sista repair work

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by rabinzo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hey everyone im rab. I just thought i would share a little story and hopefully some tips.

I bought a roor little sista 3.2 with crown mouthpiece and ruby logo about 7 years ago. I love this bong. Nothing else compares. And then one day about a year ago, my flatmate broke it.

Now at the time i had no money so a official repair was out of the question, which lead me to leave it in its bag untill yesterday. While browsin the web i found some roors again and longed for mine back.

So i got roorey (roorey b. bellows) out of his bag and had a look. Being an artist/maker of things i figured it would be appropriate to have a go at repairing the bong myself, instead of banishing it back into the cupboard.

To make the repair to the glass, i used loctite glass glue. It worked fantasticly, but unfortunately it was not air tight. And frankly it looked ugly.

So i set about making it airtight using milliput (which incase u dont know, is a 2 part epoxy designed for sulpting/fixing porcelain/anything). And while it was airtight it was still ugly.

Some more milliput was applied, sculpted and left to dry for 24 hours. It becomes benine and rock solid. So i got it back out today and a few hours of sanding and painting later and i was done.

I present my customized little sista custom. Haha. Double custom.

Anyway i would love to see any DIY repairs that you guys/gals have done, and also any roor you are particularly proud of. And if you have any questions

Enjoi and happy toking.

X

Attached Files:

2. thats awesome dude! doesn't look too bad because of the bowl.

3. Ha, thanks dude. Yeah i love this bowl. Got it from the roor shop in asterdam. Good times.

4. This is my new roor that I'm pretty proud of :)

Attached Files:

5. Wtf is your a/c doing upside down lol?

6. [quote name='"gawnja"']

Wtf is your a/c doing upside down lol?[/quote]

That's the hashbean lean Homie! Fun way to mix up Roor hits. You lean it all the way back to where the AC sits straight up and the tube is almost flat making the downstem fire all the way.

7. I get that.... I'm not talking about the angle of the bong. I'm talking about his AC dumping all the water down the joint if u hit it like that...

8. Thats dope. Your roor would hit a lot nicer with a diffused downstem. I would suggest a showerrhead, my friend got one for his roor and it was hella nice

9. Yeah, it used to have a diffuser, broke it while cleaning it.

Want to get an ash catcher/ carbon filter next. Roor ash catchers are way pricey tho, anyone know any good alternatives?

10. [quote name='"kancastank"']Thats dope. Your roor would hit a lot nicer with a diffused downstem. I would suggest a showerrhead, my friend got one for his roor and it was hella nice[/quote]

Non diffused or de. Diffused roor for the win. Its all about that clear with Roors. Alex k downstem ruins what I like about straight tubes.

11. [​IMG]

My baby. Also from the roor shop in Amsterdam. For two months, my buddy and I were afraid that our shipment had been intercepted by customs. Needless to say, we were quite happy to receive two beautiful straight tubes in the mail one day

12. Diffuser beads from your local headshop or

You can take plastic colored or white air soft bbs and put it in the water in your bong. Put a good amount, works wonders in beaker bottoms, still good for any bong though.

Also i can suggest the grass city website for ashcatchers and precoolers especially if your on a budget they range from like 15 for a simple one to 200+ for roor etc

13. [quote name='"G13adsAMY"']

Non diffused or de. Diffused roor for the win. Its all about that clear with Roors. Alex k downstem ruins what I like about straight tubes.[/quote]

I think the alex k would be nice with Ops beaker roor. I personally like some pull and chug in my bongs. I just dont like the way a straight normal downstems smokes or even looks

14. #14 1Oceangrown, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    never use plastic anything in your culture of smoking, period

goto micheals and get glass beads of thats what your looking for sack is like $5, and they have color choices

or just buy a 21 hole (18 on top of the - 3 rows of 6, with the enclosed bottom end having 3 itself) proper legit diffused roor downstem if your oem.de aka original equipement manufacturer roor germany

OG