RooR beaker bottom vs straight tube

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mn9500, Feb 14, 2009.

1. It's all personal preference. I think if everyone tried all everyone would prefer to smoke with the least amount drag possible. THis would be a straight tube. I didn't know this till I stopped using beaker tubes. But there are pros and cons for both.

Roor Beaker Bottom

• Pros
    • Looks better. (I personally think).
    • Clean water less.
    • More filtration.
    • Cons
    • More Drag
    • Harder To Clear (sometimes)
    • Stale Smoke At Times
    Roor Straight Tube

• Pros
    • Clears fast
    • No Drag
    • No Stale Smoke
    • Cons
    • Clean water more often
    • Less Circulation
    • DOesn't look as good as a beaker bottom( personal)
    Pretty much common sense. You don't realize it till after trying both though. I have a beaker but my next bong will be a straight tube perc roor or toro.

2. wow, my thread got resurrected all the way to today, damn. but yeah, like i said before, i got the beaker bottom roor, and its been great. on 4/20 i got an ashcatcher and the thing has been rocking ever since. cant go wrong with roor, i just wish i had gotten something thicker than 3.2mm. i think my next piece will be a us tubes.

3. beaker bottoms are great. They are way more stable than straight tubes so they are less prone to falling and breaking, you dont have to change the water every sesh if you are lazy sometimes, and you dont have to worry about overflow if you put ice in it.

4. I have a roor big sister (45inch) beaker and I love it. I have hit straight tubes, not roors, but i still can't tell the difference in clearing time and have never had a stale hit, unless of course I couldn't clear it the first time. Definitely a nice bong and it rips.

5. Beaker bottom for sure I like to just lay in bed and watch tv and smoke my brains out the better question is what is the sickest kind of diffuser downstem??? I like showered downstems (no homo)

6. Everyone keeps talking about the Roor beakers being more difficult to clear or like there is more drag. May I remind everyone that roor makes an excellent product and in my opinion, I think the beakers clear just as fast as a straight, you never see smoke pool up anywhere when your clearing it. I've hit a roor straight and beaker(I own a little sista) I wouldn't say one clears a lot quicker then the other. It may be harder to clear since theres a bit more space for smoke, but it will still clear just as fast in my opinion. The beaker shape on roors are not that big compared to other bongs.

7. #67 dustin6908, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
    ok the straight vs beaker hmmm

its all your pref. i like both
    i like beakers btterr most of the time tho

beakers more volume for you smoke more condencing and more lung power needd
    straights easyer tto hit fills and clears faster, ways less smoke volume

so choose whats better from you then try out the other for next purchase so u have variety haha
    :D:hello::wave::smoke:

Edit: jus saw about everyone sayin beaker = more drag thats bullshit. no theres not. jus way more smoke volume to pull vs a straight u need bigger lungs.
    2 roors one beaker one straight same diffy and slide with correect water levels would be the same drag

8. I only like beakers when the bore and height are small... otherwise its straights all the way.