Roommates

Discussion in 'General' started by passage2bangkok, Aug 16, 2010.

1. I don't really have a topic for discussion...just need to vent somewhere, I guess.

So I'm getting ready to start my second year of college. Last year I had a random roommate in a (tiny) freshman dorm. Even though we didn't know each other, we got along pretty well and actually had some things in common. Unfortunately, smoking was not one of those things. Still, though, my roommate was cool about it as long as the room didn't reek and I didn't get him in trouble.

This year I was hoping to get an on-campus apartment, because those have private rooms with a shared living room, kitchen and bathroom. I signed up to live with a guy who's in my fraternity (our frat doesn't have a house) but who also doesn't smoke weed. Instead of an apartment, we got stuck in "suite-style" housing, which is basically the exact same as my freshman dorm except we share a bathroom with two other guys instead of 30 plus. But I wanted an apartment soooo bad...so I could hit the bong in peace, listen to music in peace, jack off in peace, without worrying about my roommate coming through the door at any minute. I mean, since we're brothers, he'll probably be cool with me smoking, but I really want that private room! Arrghhhh.... :mad:

2. Get an apartment off campus.

3. My mom won't allow me to until next year. :(

4. Ahh, bummer. Try to find a friend who lives off campus that also smokes.

5. I mean, I have plenty of places on campus to smoke, including (probably) in my room. I got bong snaps down to a science last year so I could cash the bowl in a single rip and blow all the smoke through a sploof into a fan blowing out the window. It's just the whole living-with-another-person aspect of it that's not appealing to me.

Off topic, but who is that in your avatar? Looks like Neil Peart's drum kit, haha.

6. First year in college I got along with my roomate but we were very different and lived in a small room together which was quite annoying. I could only smoke in the room when I knew he was gonna be gone a while, which led to me smoking many joints walking down the street. He never did any drugs or drank, and I was always trippin or drugged out which was kind of wierd, probly more so for him lol. Plus he hogged the video games and played call of duty with the volume blasting all day and night, it was fucking annoying, especially when I was trying to read a book or something.

I walked in on him jackin off a few times, that made things way more awkward. He was quite embarrased and the first time was frozen in shock for like 10 minutes, I had just smoked a joint and was geeking out hard to myself for a long time lol, I'm sure that made him feel worse....

And then we couldn't have girls in our room past 2 am, so I was always having to get him to leave at random times during the day just so I could have sex in our tiny ass room.

Thus, I now live at home with my rents where I can smoke freely and do whatever I want, have privacy, my own guitar amp, my own video games, shower, bathroom, etc.... I enjoy it wayyy more...

Like I said, I had nothing against my roommate but we were just too different to be livin with each other.

7. Word. I was always way too paranoid to smoke on campus, so I made a point of finding an off campus house, but props if you can get away with it so confidently.

It's Keith Moon. I made the account before I got REALLY into Rush.