Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Roommate Wont Let Me Smoke Anymore

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JayBlaze4, Jun 6, 2013.

1. damn that sucks man that would piss me off a lot. i mean its the 21st century. my friend had a roommate like this in college, and he ended up calling the cops. smoking in your car would not be sketchy unless there are a lot of people around just blow the hits towards the floor.

2. The no alcohol thing works too. When he drinks, just say you're a risk to me by being under the age of 21 and drinking, please don't drink in the apartment.
    And secondly, get a MFLB man. Zero smell, and they work pretty well. And your buds will taste a million times better.

3. #23 i liketrees, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    except that it isn't illegal to possess alcohol with a minor in the house, while it's illegal to possess marijuana (barring obvious exceptions, but i dont think those apply to OP)

EDIT: nevermind, for some reason i was thinking of the roommate as of age. 

though it's still pretty petty to sink to the roommate's level in the first place

4. Your roomate has the right to ask that you do not smoke inside the apartment. One simple solution to to sit down and talk with your roomate about a possible solution to allow you to smoke inside the house. In all reality it should not be that hard to mask the smell in the first place. But now that your roomate already knows whats going on you pretty much just have to bite the bullet and deal with it. If you want to use inside and hide your use then you can do one or both of 2 things. 1st is to open up a window. The way I use to smoke when I was hiding it from my parents was to set up a chair right infront of your window and a fan right behind the chair. therefore if you sit with the fan on all the smoke should be pushed right out the window where it can easily disepate. Another thing you can do is get a carbon scrubber. this filters out any carbon by products emitted in your house which incude the burning for marijuana. Another thing... Insense does not work? I could hotbox a room let an insense burn completely and get complimented on my clean smelling room.

5. go to a hydro store get some ona gel it cover up the smoke smell

6. I've posted this before, but it's very easy to smoke out your window and there be zero smell. Just gotta follow basic instructions. When you open the window, if your door is shut with a towel under it, the air pressure will suck the air out of your room out the window. If the air or heat is on, that pressure will be stronger than the pulling air from outside, so smoke will blow back in. Close your vents, towel your door, and light your lighter at the open window. your flame should be pulling towards outside, and not blowing back towards you. If it's pulling towards the outside, if you exhale out the window, there will be zero smell. No tricks, no smoke buddies, no nothing. Easy peasy.

7. #27 moreherb, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    All I have to say here is Nag Champa. Is he enough of a dick to not let you burn incense? 
    For Incense Nag Champa(Satya Brand) does the best to cover up the smell and also let your place smell like a smoke shop.

8. MAKE A Activated carbon sploof  with some dryer sheets. this works 100% if you do snappers and blow all smoke thru the ploof

9. I agree with smoking on the porch. Don't do it in secret though, talk to him. let him know that you weren't aware any smell was getting out, bu smoking on the porch would eliminate the smell. I mean its no secret that you smoke so why act like it is. 

10. OP Is it that hard to take your ass for a walk? I like smoking weed too, but if my roommate didn't want me to smoke it in our shared space, I'd respect his wishes and take a walk somewhere.

There's no "novelty" stage of smoking either...

11. roll your self a joint , go for awalk on n unbudy street or better yet if you got a bike go for a bike ride to the lake or what ever you have overthere smoke a bit put it out then go to a nother area that was its not sketchy

or you can put a wet towel under neith the door and duct tape the door tot he door frame water tight man no smell gauretee

12. hes your roommate not your mom... tell him to quit being a little bitch, you pay your own rent lol you can do as you please

13. When I smoked in my single room dorm last year, I had a fan out the window and made sure that the air coming from the cracks of my door was pulling in so no smell escaped outside into the hallway!

For the bowl, put a quarter on the bowl after each hit to kill the cherry.

The toilet paper and dryer sheet thing is a good plus but not perfect!

Incense and candles are perfect to kill the smell in your room as well!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. That's why you hotbox the car. Where I live it's illegal and I smoke weed out on the porch and nobody really narcs on me.

15. #35 terpsnation, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013

I may be misunderstanding you, but are you saying that if the A/C or heating is on (and blowing air out of a vent in your room), that the smoke will be sucked back into your room?

That makes zero sense to me.

16. [​IMG]  if that doesn't work try this [​IMG]

17. Save up for a vaporizer...problem solved.

you can get them for <$150

18. For some reason, yes. I don't know the science behind it, I just know from experience that's what happens. 
    The best way I can explain it is.. The window being the sole source of ventilation, everything else is sealed up, the air pressure outside pulls air from inside to outside. With the air or heat on, it's blowing more air around your room harder than the pressure of the window pulling the air, so the air conditioning or heat kinda makes like a blanket over the open window, not really pushing any air out or pulling any in, but just kinda blowing air like crazy around your room.
    Idk try it. hold your lighter to your window with your door seals covered up. The flame will draw towards the outside. Open your vent, and the flame will kinda dance, or push back towards you. 

19. Well if youre room is hot then air will naturally be pulled in from the window. The best way is to use the fan because you cant completely close every crack on your door!
    Create the air flow with the fan out the window and all the air from the door cracks will fly towards your window!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app