room size for 4x 600 watt hps's

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jeremy 707, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I missed that you already posted that, thanks.

True alot of that shit is overpriced and the same results can be accomplished and are being accomplished by organic growers everyday.

Since you can get a watering wand into anywhere you would want to with the setup you're running, depending on the number of plants I would at least try and keep the lights covering a 3.5ft area each.

2. Yea i push the area a tad 3x3 more like 3.5x 3.5 . i use a wand i also always rotate my grow inners to outside, outside, to inner and rotate n a circle , like a clock helps big time .
    It's like a free light mover i don't mind labor this is done every second day

3. 4 6's 45 girls in 2 g bags looking for 3 plus

4. Good luck man. I'm looking forward to seeing your journal if you decide to do one.

5. There will b a journal i have one now jerry curl's 5x5 new one will b jerry curl's 8x8

6. Ideally for 4-600 watt hps lights @ 60 w/sf you'd want a 40 sq ft room. That takes into account the 10% light loss from the reflector hood glass panel.

An 8'X11' foot room (or 88 sf) would "ideally" need 88' x 60 w/sf or 8.8 lights - or rounded off 9-600 watt hps lights. That's if you have plants wall to wall.

Pretty simple with light and figuring your needs, just take your square footage and multiply by 50 (bare bulb) or 60 (reflector or cool tube glass covering). ;)

7. stone free 60 watts per sq ft crazy iv ran 36 watts before with great results 60 is up there i think 50 is premium 40 is 0k and 36 would b minimum

8. In my opinion u should expand your room if your pushing 60 watts per square foot
    Hell id add a foot or 2 either way and put some more plant's n there bud . If u like all that light n one little place ok. I will stick with around 40 and a 8x8 is 64 X 2400 divided by 2400 watt's 37.5 per foot so not bad and why would they sell kit's of a 8x8 tent with 4 600's it's plenty of light you are the first one i have had say 60 per . that would mean the pound i pull off of 2 six's in a 5x5 using your math i would have need'd 4 600's in there no way brotha couldn't even fit 4 and what a waste of light

9. If you concentrate those 4 6s over a 7x7 area you're pushing almost 50w per sq.ft. which is almost ideal. At the 8x8 max perimeter you'll be pushing 37.5. What also needs to be taken into consideration and factors more than watts/sq.ft is lumens loss as distance is increased and PAR.

The 600s are nice but as you try and push the distance covered you have to increase the distance from the canopy. Every foot the lamp is moved away from the canopy the lumens decrease significantly.

10. Here is some helpful info from Jorge Cervantes Indoor/Outdoor growers bible. This explains the inverse square law. Initial lumens can be adjusted for your particular application but the equation is still the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. i understand but im telling u 50 w per is the ideal condition i will grow a hell of alot a weed at 37w have done so with less entire room 95 percent reflective 35w per sq ft using 2 6's just under 500 gram's dry proven i did it twice and the second grow yield'd more then when had more light in smaller area so i du no man 8x8 pack'd 4 6's you will c my friend . I pull weight on a budget with a nice green foot print as well shit my room run's like a toyota prius

12. Got the book brother i put shit into reality situation not jorge and his book from how long ago? he know's his shit but if i get more weed with same light bigger room then prior. same plant's all that shit fed the same everything first grow 48 w 5x5 1200 watts divided by 25 equals 48 w second grow every single detail the same but bigger room n turn less light right so this time 5x8 40 1200 divided equals 30 w per so i can't fully agree with that i mean you reading a book and me actually proving more light isn't alway's best for bigger yield's slap 20 OGKUSH under a 1k and the same with 20 WHITE RHINO under 1 k bet u pull twice if not 3 times the hull in rhino genetics working with are key to a bumper crop as well .

13. I totally agree with you that what's put on paper is not always what works in reality. I've read that book cover to cover as well as many other and there is plenty of things I either don't agree with or need to be seriously brought up to date with current technology.

Don't think that i'm quoting things from a book and telling you that it is fact and you're wrong. When it comes to science though you can't argue with light loss over a given distance. Also comparing one strain to another completely changes things. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

14. Well man im still at a loss for hood choice's so many to go with my gut's telling me yield master supreme's 6''

15. The yield masters are quality with a solid reputation.

16. Im off to buy 2 hood's and a mlc 4 ballast fan and other shit have to wait for a while

17. [quote name='"Jeremy 707"']Im not really into trey's i just water plant's straight on ground little run off if much and boom done i like hand watering im in my grow more with ebb n flow its just more shit and you have to dial in watering times and for how long bla bla bla i go in water walk out done kiss is my modo people where growing fire before all this hype of equipment hit
    same with food 100 200 dollar bottles of shit no way GH 3 part cheep and effective
    gotta love it works every time and always will, tried n proven product's
    90 percent of people here would go buy tht booty juice ,big bud , anything with a cool name and fat price why o its the best it works the best id tell myself that 2 at 100 a bottle ha[/quote]

Sorry if changing topic from lighting, but do you do the gh 3 part at full strength? Getting ready to do 1st grow with that and was looking for tips.

18. full strength yes but i start with soil root's 707 mix during veg then during flower i use food . i might hit them one time in veg but soil does well for 4 week's as is during flower i run full dose it's like 800 ppm maybe 900 my water is 200 to start with tap at that .
    Use the schedule they made up i use the expert drain to waist
    as far as ppm i have ran a entire grow 7 plus strains feeding 1400 to 1500 ppm with good results second grow i ran 1000 all the way and lets say most did fine but my white rhino never frost'd up at all big bud with no high im going to say it was absolutely the need for food but mango kush og kush all others did just fine at 1000 next run im pushing 1350 the whole grow o i feed every other watering so water food water food real easy helps prevent build up on salts an such i flower for ten week's veg for 4 to 5 food is 3part, cal mag ,silicate ,floralishious plus ,sea kelp ,liquid kool bloom, to finish i use dry kool bloom and humbolt N deuce deuce .

19. those items and that ppm range get me the bud shots i post here o and all that shit work's don't go buying all that 200 dollar bottle shit no need GH been around for day's so i use there line simple effective and price is appropriate i can't spend more on food then i get back off a single grow where is the profit let all these other suckers use the hype stuff .
    All i got to say dude is the hydro store will sell u everything u think u need but really don't
    O that Gh shit sucks u wanna use this bla bla bla 90 PERCENT BULL SHIT . They want to sell u all kind's because when u have never grown u don't know what to expect . I went with gut and am glad i did they want u to see your first result's using something like advance line , that way u go damn it must b this wet booty or what ever they got out now that made my grow so bumper GH BABY ALL THE WAY