room size for 4x 600 watt hps's

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jeremy 707, Aug 14, 2012.

1. looking to run 4 600 watt hps lights i have 2 as of now in a 5x8 would a 8x11 b good for 4 600s any help would b great the room is 8x11 i dont have to light the whole thing but would think 4 would do it

2. Should be good. I'd say 10x10 would be fine too. Depends on how big you want to go, I guess.

3. Hey thanks there Omdogg anyone else ? Im looking for more then 1 response .
    4 600's what size room . turn key grow rooms use 8x8 tents with four 6's but i know for a fact i can pull a pounder with 2 6's in a 5x8

4. 8x8 would be ideal unless you ran xxxl hoods. Then you might be able to get decent coverage with a 10x10 but you'll have to watch the size of the plants to get the proper penetration. Considering a song run?

5. I have 4 xxxl's to install in two days. i have 9'x13. I plan on eventually using 6. They have 1000w hps. First grow... :)

6. Ok so 2 people out of 70 that have seen this post and woo34 out of the cuts talking about 1000 watt lights and his grow with no tips on room size for 4 600's . i want to push it to the limit i use 2 gal bags veg for 4 weeks flower for 10 hood's are ss classics .

Come on guys where's the love i want feed back from someone with some rep possibly using 4 6's 4x 600 hps aircool'd HELP

7. [quote name='"Jeremy 707"']Ok so 2 people out of 70 that have seen this post and woo34 out of the cuts talking about 1000 watt lights and his grow with no tips on room size for 4 600's . i want to push it to the limit i use 2 gal bags veg for 4 weeks flower for 10 hood's are ss classics .

Come on guys where's the love i want feed back from someone with some rep possibly using 4 6's 4x 600 hps aircool'd HELP[/quote]

I have seen 1 600w in a 4x2x5 with amazing results. So that being said. I build around the room size not how many light I want. But for an 5x10 I think 4 600w is the most efficient. Dollar for watt/lumen 400 if the most efficient ballast out there. But I love 600s.

8. [quote name='"Jeremy 707"']looking to run 4 600 watt hps lights i have 2 as of now in a 5x8 would a 8x11 b good for 4 600s any help would b great the room is 8x11 i dont have to light the whole thing but would think 4 would do it[/quote]

4 in 8x11 is pretty good you could do 6 if heat isn't an issue. Well I would do 6. Go big or go home.

9. i think 10 x 10 is to much you grow nice plant in room size

10. ok so its looking like the 11 wide by 8 deep is a little to much space for 4 600's i might just use 8x8 damn o well theres room to move around walls all white panda built and ready to rock just want some solid feed back i google searchd 4 600's n a 11x8 with no luck people just respond way off topic and start talking about 1000 watters or something off point Let me put question this way how and what size room would u run with 4 600's

11. Why did you decide to go with 600's. I went with 1 600 in a pinch that I needed it pronto. That being said, I just saw my buddy's 4x1000w setup, and the 1000w's are ALOT brighter. Tons more light. I know the 600w is more 'efficient', but if you're going to go with 4 of them, efficiency still doesn't get you more light. If you're growing with 4 of them, you're not doing it to be 'efficient'. More light = more...u know.

w00
    :p

12. I like 600's i do not need a/c, co2, dehumidifier , iv seen people running 1k's
    they pay fat electricity for BIG BUD big deal my electricity 99 bucks a month with 2 600's and rest of house . Vs lots of people i know paying 600 800 a month no way .
    i harvest over a lb dry off of the 2 of them could do better sure but im a rookie .
    with 4 6's im aiming at 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 p's dry all i need and to me just the best all around bang for the buck more in equipment but in the end i wil b up . Another big reason is i use the twin 600 lumatek ballast . So clean 2 hoods 1 ballast runs 220 another plus there . easy to cool x2 . hood closer to plants . i don't grow beast's 2 gal bags 10 week flower 4 to 5 wk veg 22 per 1200 watts 2x600's remember you as grower have bills and over head this way i profit more total cost per pound for me to produce under 300 for electricity bout 10 bucks water 3 bucks for bags clones free i supply them soil 45 bucks 25 food 383 or so 2800 minus 383 2400 profit in my pocket

13. different strokes for different folks i keep it simple cheep effective wile producing a stelar product with a decent green foot print n mind . I have got great feed back from my local stores to run 4 6's i like quality over quantity in the end 6's or 1k's u always get it back . I just pay a little less to get it feel me

14. Going to use only 8x8 of my space for now then get 2 more 6's total 6x600's 11w x 8 L
    8X8 will rock 4 6's 37 watts per ideal what 45 to 50 i ran 35 watt's per and still got over a lb off of 2 6's good look on all the feed back more is welcome

15. When it's all said and done 1ks will pull the most weight per watt. Electricity bills and lumen efficiency aside. When you get into the 4+ light range don't waste your time with the closet grower lights and step into the big boys club.

16. i don't know about that one i have seen 20 plus 600 watt light grows pulling weight fat too
    monthly electricity bill 720 buck's 1000 cant touch that everyone i know using a 1 k ballast and bulb pay 4 times more then me using 2 six's . I hear a bunch about o pound per light well my 2 equal a 1k u know that. I get over a pound every time So i pull pound per light with better light spread really 2 hood's i know but it's just better man 1k's will pull more weight but u pay for it trust me right off the bat why u ask u going to go buy a a/c to cool that room that will pull easy 1200 watt's 6's don't need that shit easy peazy hell i could cool 8 6's prob with a 4 inch fan . J/K and at cost of running the a/c i could get 2 more 6's and still pay less for a dry pound witch n turn is more in your pocket. I like that idea, I think people go from 6's to 1k's and c way bigger bud's but is bigger always better na this ant outdoor bro . i like med size plant's med size bud's less chance for mold and shit like that alot of people are about weight im happy with quantity im more after quality all i know i go in my grow blazing summer night with 79 deg room temp 44 percent humidity using only a 6 inch fan passive intake . I go to my boys house running THE SO CALLD BIG BOY CLUB LIGHTS 1k's his room is hot as hell fight's the shit all summer long hell even with a/c i just chuckle Is there anyone here in the 600 watt club

17. Had to say one more thing 1k's like big block chevy motor 12 miles to the gal
    600's like a fucking moped pulling 150 miles to a gal
    So u win off the line but in the end i promise my pocket will b fatter after overhead cost are paid profit

im all about what it cost me to produce the pound first not the biggest bulb u can buy
    i du no im stone'd i can't b the only one who run's 6's on GC more then 2 help me out 600 club

18. Sorry for the post last night I was somewhat buzzed and had nothing constructive to say.

Other than the lights what system are you running soil or hydro? 5 gallon, DWC, UC, Flood trays?

When running more lights you are going to have to factor in the space needed to get access to the center of the room.

For example and 8x8 room would be perfect with 2 3x6 trays and 2 600s over each tray. With the trays pushed against each wall that gives you a 2 foot center walkway and a foot on each side of the trays. I run 1ks over a 4x4 area and if I had to go down to 600s I would run them over a 3x3 just to get the full potential out of them.

That's my opinion. Shoot some more info on your planned setup and i'll try and help a little more.

19. Yea no problem man i may come off as rude with this typing shit
    pretty obvious i suck at spelling and grammar bare with me i run soil in 2 gal grow bags
    plants get 4 wks veg 10 wks flower finish height around 4 ft

20. Im not really into trey's i just water plant's straight on ground little run off if much and boom done i like hand watering im in my grow more with ebb n flow its just more shit and you have to dial in watering times and for how long bla bla bla i go in water walk out done kiss is my modo people where growing fire before all this hype of equipment hit
    same with food 100 200 dollar bottles of shit no way GH 3 part cheep and effective
    gotta love it works every time and always will, tried n proven product's
    90 percent of people here would go buy tht booty juice ,big bud , anything with a cool name and fat price why o its the best it works the best id tell myself that 2 at 100 a bottle ha