Room just burned down :(.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MasterXen, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Well I finished a toke session about 6hours ago using my magic wand heating element, hooked up to a timer and surge protector. I was sleeping and must have left it on, kicked a blanket in my sleep while the iron was still super hot or something, heard and alarm, woke up, saw the flames, ran to my kitchen and grabbed and extinguisher and sprayed away. Scared for my life right now and shaking :/ just had to vent and need someone to talk to ;(

2. shit, how bad did your room get burnt up? im always so nervous about starting fires

3. First somebody left their dog in a car and cooked it to death in extreme heat temperatures...

..Now somebody else is burning down their room.

We're never going to get it legalized at this rate.

4. Half my room, bed, most my clothes+ turntables and sspeakers are fine, just shaken up man, keep thinking I can just go home but I can't

5. you just happen to have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?

6. [quote name='"John Citizen"']you just happen to have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?[/quote]

I thought there was a fire extinguisher in every kitchen.

7. Look at the bright side.

At least your smoke alarm woke you up. Hundreds of people die in home fires similar to this every year.

Praise be to Jah.

8. Live and learn buddy.

9. [quote name='"John Citizen"']you just happen to have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?[/quote]

Why wouldn't he?

10. yeah fires are pretty scary shit.. we came home stoned one day to my ex's house and some bad wiring had set the wood floor on fire and house was completely filled with smoke... instantly sober...

11. your over reacting calm down

12. OK, while everyone is still thinking about this- go check your smoke alarms! Maybe even put in a new battery? The fact that his went off, likely saved his life! Dumb accidents can happen to anyone!

And I also have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen- it is a good idea. And like a lot of things- if you have something ready for an emergency, you will likely never need it! Just one of those laws of perversity! lol

Granny

13. I do have 2 smoke detectors and a Carbon Monoxide detector. There is an extinguisher outside of the kitchen door, in the garage, but I think it's like 20 years old.
    Maybe I should invest.

Sorry to hear, OP. Hard lesson learned.

14. I think that's the recommended room to have a fire extinguisher since it's usually about the center of your house.

15. Why would you not have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen?? Usually that's were you are most likely to have a fire.

16. I got a fire extinguisher in my kitchen, linen closet upstairs for the bedrooms and one behind our couches in the living room and one in the basement, never know where a fire will start

17. Do You?

18. haha, something in this thread had me laughing for a few minutes.....

19. Good job going for the fire extinguisher and not panicking OP.
    I think we have about 5 around the property. I keep a fire extinguisher in the garage by my grow, the kitchen, living room, upstairs, and front door closet(in case I need it coming in or getting out)

I have also installed a couple of Flame Defenders above all my ballast locations in the garage.