Room for clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by greenthumbber, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Ok so i have a few moms and i am going to finally start some clones from them.

My question is, How much legspace would a clone need to grow unencumbered if i were to flower it after just a few days to establish the roots in soil?

And what if i vegged them for a few weeks before flowering? Would the added veg time dramatically increase root mass? Would i get yields that warranted the extra trouble?

The moms are clones that i took from a Sour Deisel. The vegging would happen under like 5 or 6 42 watt cool whites, and flowering with a 360 watt hps.

Thanks all!

2. I would suggest a minimum of a one gallon pot per clone for ideal space. I would veg them for at least a couple of weeks AFTER they establish roots. A clone can't go right into flower if there aren't any roots to support it. Even a couple weeks of veg will allow for a larger yield in the end.

3. yea i would wait at least one month after clones are cut and start them with one gal pots then bigger as the plant gets.

4. If the clones come off a lower branch from the mother than two weeks usually has enough roots for flowering. If they come from the top part then it takes almost a month. That Sour Diesel is some good herb. This is just the way I do it, doesn't mean it's right or wrong.
    Label your plants and stage veggie grow so you can see what it does in your set up. 1wk, 2wks, and 1mo. The longer it's veggin the bigger the yield, usually.