Room Cooling Ideas Needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tommyt916, May 12, 2008.

1. Hey Guys,

I got a 10x10 sealed in closet and I need some suggestions on how I can make the room cooler. Put on those thinking caps....Heres what I'd dealing with:

I cant run my A/C all day and a 1000W HPS lamp...I'm sure the power compnay would have the cops at my house in mins and it would sky rocket my bill.

I live in FL, so my outside air that I'm bringing in, isn't helping much (Too warm).

My current temp is 83-85ish with exhaust running and lamp on (Which is cooled as well).

I got no window to place an A/C unit and that would still be pulling much power.

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated guys. I now learned that I should have planned for this. I know better too..and to top it all off, I'm out of smoke :-(
    What a day

Attached Files:

2. I use a swamp cooler to cool my room. It pumps water from a reservior into a sponge-like filter that a fan pulls air from and cools the air up to 10-15 degrees. In Florida this may be a problem because of the high humidy for swamp coolers will raise the RH while they run so I would suggest heavy exhaust or a dehumidifier if you try this method. Good Luck!

3. If you are at 83-85 with lamp running all day...I'd be happy :D

I'm down here in FL in a closet like yours and run between 86-90 and don't sweat it. Lights off it hovers between 78-82.

I'm only running 2x400 and would love to get a 1000 in there, but wouldn't be able to keep the heat down here.

I've found the Mandala Hashberry and Satori handle the heat well, as do the Nirvana Northern Lights and Bubblelicious.

Best of luck - OGH

4. Doesn't those types of high temps throw off your growth and yeild? Although, your comment does make me feel a bit better about my situation. :) My Brothr is an A/C repair guy. Hes going to stop by tonight to see if there is anything he can do to help. I'll keep you posted.

5. They'll be fine...I'd start worrying if the temps get higher, but 85 isn't that high. If you CAN get it down to around 78 that'll be perfect otherwise I wouldn't stress it too much. Good luck with everything though.

6. Have you considered running the lights at night? I always run my 1000W at night during the summer.

7. Good Thinking! My bro stoped by (the a/c guy) and suggesting pulling in air from other rooms in my house (cold air). He said that its going to be cooler then outside air and that should help. We are going to give that a try tomorrow and I will let you guys know how it turns out.

8. I was gonna mention the A.C......and although your set-up sounds diffrent then mine have been...I accidently found a AWESOME way to get Cold Air and it worked awesome....

I had a 8x10 wal in closet in a 3 bedroom home....the closet was in the center of the house and I had temp issues and "fresh air Issues".......

Then it hit me......My house was about 2 feet off the "TRUE" foundation. you know that area under the house where water pipes,Tv cable wires etc..etc..go......

I simply pulled up a small corner of the Carpet in the Closet....cut a 1'x1' hole in the floor wood (about 2" thick)...and "RUSH"....The cold air from under my house came into the room....at times I placed a small fan in the hole to both pull in and blow out Air......When we sold the house I simply siliconed the wood piece back in like a carved out nose of a pumpkin and placed the carpet back.......LOL

-D

9. Thanks for the idea Coma...thats what I was looking for. Unfortunatly my house is built on a slab and I do not have an area like that where I can pull cooler air. Great Idea though, glad it fixed your problem!

10. hey Tommy,
    im not completely sure but from the pic it looks like you have your ballast in your room. If you can it would probably help a lot to keep the balllast in a nearby room. But good luck im also dealing wiht a heat problem in my grow tent today i just made an a/c out of a 6" fan and an ice chest. Not sure if it works yet but i should find out tomorrow when i put all the ice in it.

11. What inline fan are you running?
    Upgrade?