Ron Paul wins straw poll

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by waterquest, Feb 18, 2011.

1. This means nothing. Sorry.

2. Unfortunately, poster above is right. This thing NEVER predicts the president, and most of the candidates who win it tend to do rather poorly.

Also, would you all rate Ron Paul as a conservative? He's not my candidate of choice, but I certainly don't dislike him.

The reason I ask, is that this particular poll seems more like a conservative report card than anything else; see Gary Johnson getting 6% for talking about MJ legalization.

3. Ron Paul is definitely conservative, but not in the sense that FOX news portrays conservatives to be. He follows the constitution more consistently than anyone else in Congress. Abolishing the DEA would be a no-brainer for him, along with the IRS and DOE. He might not be one of the most aired candidates, but he's really the only person in Congress that stands up for the people and Constitution.

4. this. we need him elected

5. Ron Paul wins the straw poll almost every year, but rarely gets more than 10% of the votes on election day. I don't agree with everything he believes in but he is one of the few politicians out there that puts integrity as the priority. He doesn't beat around the bush about anything and he is a TRUE conservative. He also wants marijuana legalized although it's not his first priority. That's where gary johnson comes in.

6. Well, he's only won the straw poll twice. 2010 and 2011. Notice how neither one was before a presidential election. Considering he's won twice since the last election, I'd give it more credit than the media is giving it.

7. ell yah, we need to get to activistin and make some waves in the pond in ya'll know what i'm getting at.. speaking of myself as well cuz god knows we could all do better, you'd be surpirsed at what you can change with words.

8. I'm laughing over here because you all act like a single person can make the change for us.

9. Gary Johnson got 3rd place, I love Ron Paul but I'd rather vote for Gary he has more going fo him.

10. Would you mind pointing those out? I'm not questioning you at all, but I'm just very unfamiliar with G. Johnson besides him wanting to legalize marijuana, as that seems to be what everybody is focused on when his name is brought up.

11. You're right, the citizens of this country just shouldn't vote next election, because it's not like the president can change anything. Shit, let's just let Obama and McCain duke it out again, that was fun to watch.

12. They have many of the same views on small government but Gary is younger and seems to have more energy.This is first time running while Ron Paul looks defeated. But there both very good.

13. The president doesn't have as much power as you seem to think.

And I wasn't saying not to vote, but it's silly for people to think that simply voting for a person will change anything in this country. It's not like the president can come into office and make every change they want to make at the drop of a dime, which is why I say it will take more than just voting somebody into office. How many times have we done that so far, and where are we currently? Exactly.

14. yes but it's important to have a president that understands the principles of freedom because then you know he won't VETO a bill immediately if it doesn't match what the FR want's for america
    i just hope he runs again cus last i heard he wasn't gonna.

15. Unless marriage equality or immigration issues are voting issues for you.

16. Again, I'm not telling people to not vote. My message is that a lot of people on the boards scream out "VOTE RON PAUL!" like just voting him into office would instantly make things better. A little, yes, but the people would have to fight just as hard as him to get where we want and not just "vote Ron Paul and things get better."