Ron Paul will win the Republican Primaries

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dariolovesdeb, Nov 17, 2011.

1. So we're safer because he is allowed to write Executive Kill Orders (his new policy it seems)... what science and knowledge is that based off of?

You smoke cannabis yes? You agree with Obama then that Cannabis is addictive and cannot be taken down from Controlled Substance Level 1 because it has no medicinal benefits? (He uses science and "up-to-date" knowledge to determine that policy)

2. #22 AlienBlood, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    Cannabis can be addictive, sure. Although for me calling it an addiction is a strong word, but I can definitely see myself getting addicted to it if I were weaker. Details details.... what he said was that smoked cannabis has no medicinal value and that is categorically true. While I don't support the criminalization of weed I'm by no stretch of the imagination a single-issue voter. Those executive kill orders give me an erection. These are very evil people he is assassinating.

3. [​IMG]

The face of evil ladies and gentlemen.

Or is this the face of evil?

[​IMG]

4. im optimistic... but the media will do what they can to counter

however... if he doesnt, i do expect him to make a 3rd party attempt... he'll surely have the backing and money

5. You're trying to rationalize here. It's obvious what he and his administration is doing towards the 10th Amendment, and specifically towards the MMJ industry.

6. I'd beg to differ

7. I'm a MMJ patient and I must say the industry has largely brought this upon themselves. They've gotten better recently, but still, many of them operate as if they're still peddling dope as opposed to medicine, many of them violate the laws and regulations regarding dispensaries (which to my knowledge all Obama has cracked down on is dispensary owner's in violation of something or another, whether it be taxes, being a certain distance from schools, etc). Money rules this industry and if it weren't for patients who seriously need the stuff (if just to get through the rest of their lives and regardless of how few and far between the real medical users are) I'd say the MMJ industry is a complete joke. But it really does help people (including myself), I believe in it. But again, RP will destroy America as we know it (hence why I'm not a single issue voter, so he supports legalizing weed, that's +1 for him...But really people, for those of you in nonmedicinal states it is a test on your intellect to see if you can take the proper precautions to avoid getting caught (or at least with too much weight)) and our way of life will DECREASE mark my fucking words.

8. @Alienblood:

You realize he is the only Republican candidate that best competes w/ Obama in the polls? Get your facts straight before you spew garbage, he only got 89 seconds last debate and still practically one it lmao.

9. No thanks, that's okay. Your words hold no persuasive/meaningful impact over me, because you don't even realize that you are simply regurgitating MSM bullshit. It is obvious to me that you are probably just too fearful of real change and you can't fathom to open your eyes to a life filled with endless possibilities due to focusing on personal liberties again.

Small, limited government is what this country was founded on. Our Constitution is meant to protect the people from the government, not the other way around. For everyone like you who supports what our country has become and is continually developing into, I kindly suggest that you move elsewhere-- and those of us who like our founding principles, we'll take our country back :wave:

10. #30 AlienBlood, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    Okay give me your unbiased, scientifically based reason(s) why putting a flame with a temperature to the tune of 3500 degrees Fahrenheit to dead plant (any plant really) matter and then proceeding to inhale (and hold in) the smoke resulting in this action is advantageous to a person's health. Just argue in favor of vaporizing and edibles for medicinal use. Anything else I won't give a second thought, unless it's convincing, which it won't be.....

11. If smoking cannabis is dangerous, where are all the people with lung cancer from it?

Any smoke inhaled is bad, but don't try and make it out to be something that it's not.

12. #1 why is it being plant matter relevant? I could defend this if I understood exactly why you think it's bad.

#2 proceeding to inhale and hold it in is so you get delivery of the weed...the longer you hold it the more you get in your system (unbiased scientific)

Aspirin can be found in willow tree bark (a precursor that works fine if you chew on it), in pills, gum, suppositories and injections. Will you argue that chewing on the tree bark isn't medicinal because it's dead plant matter or is it ok because you're not lighting it?

Even better how about opium? If someone is smoking it from a spoon it's automatically not medicinal? What if they're a terminal patient that's lost their insurance and really just trying to ease their life?

If you're going to define "medicinal" on whether you smoke it or not then you have a really skewed view of the benefits of medication.

and just to follow through, you said you wanted the unbiased scientific reason why smoking could be "advantageous to someone's health". Well it causes changes in the dopamine and seratonin levels so if done properly could definitely change these levels in the patients favor. This is one reason people "self-medicate" with recreational drugs; they try to fix the imbalance on their own.

Unfortunately, we don't have doctors and pharmacists to work with us to get a proper dosing scheme so we usually fall on our face when we try.

Now can you give me a reason why smoking as a dosage form is enough of a reason for you to say it's not medicinal other than the fact that you're a close minded american that thinks everything medicinal comes in pill form?

13. Ron Paul will crush Obama, his most difficult task will be winning the republican nomination.

BUT, things are looking GOOD!

Overshadowed by the Cainwreck and Newtmentum, Ron Paul Climbs into Second Place | Swampland | TIME.com

Poll: GOP race up for grabs in Iowa

New poll shows 4-way tie in Iowa as Ron Paul moves to top tier - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

http://www.businessweek.com/pdf/poll11-16-11.pdf

Ron Paul Surges in Polls

14. you said smoked cannabis holds no medicinal properties, i said i beg to differ

smoked cannabis doesn't hold nearly as much medicinal use as the oil does with ingestion .. but it still has medicinal use

you sound so negative all the time, lighten up..

15. Yeah smoking isn't a medicinal practice and no doctor worth his/her salt would advocate such an activity. It just removes much needed credibility to the MMJ movement when you have like 95% of the "patients' smoking their so-called medicine as if they're recreational users, which of course, they usually are.

I'm not a hypocrite about it either, 99% of the time I only use edibles and they do have meaningful medicinal benefits when used in this manner. Aside from the obvious negative side effects of inhaling smoke I just think it's an ineffective method of relieving one's pain (mental, physical, spiritual) caused by serious illnesses. I mean you almost have to be smoking every hour or so to feel the same effects hash oil edibles. I guess I'm somewhat biased here since I have weak/worn out lungs and simply my body cannot handle smoking things these days. I used to be a pack a day smoker as well and quit for this reason.

16. #36 zpyro, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    So I'm wondering what any of the above has to do with Ron Paul and the election....regardless of how one wishes to use the drug, it should be up to the People to decide, not up to the government. With practically any other candidate, Obama included, the argument is made that the Feds are burdened with the responsibility of protecting the People from themselves, that the People are not to be allowed the discretion of choosing to smoke pot or not, for medicinal purposes or recreational. Ron Paul at least believes it should be up to the States, since that's what the damn Constitution says in very clear, plain english.

"But again, RP will destroy America as we know it and our way of life will DECREASE mark my fucking words."

Alright, words fucking marked. Now try backing that up with some substance, some evidence, SOMETHING. Just making such a declaration is what some would consider fearmongering, and/or would consider the sign of somebody who is losing a debate. I just see it as the same old bullshit we've all been spoonfed by the media, declarations of armageddon with absolutely nothing to back it up.

You claim you're not a single-issue candidate, good for you. This seemingly single-issue, though, is just part of a much, MUCH more important one: STATES' RIGHTS. Are you of the mind that a one-size-fits-all policy is the best solution for this country? Are you claiming that the best policies are ones that shift more power to the Feds and away from the States? Do you think that the Federal bureaucracy is the most efficient system that most closely reflects the will of the People, in each of our 50 States? If you had made more of a case for yourself I wouldn't have to ask all these questions :confused:

17. Hey wouldn't it be funny if Ron Paul wins the presidency and completely fucks America over. Like it turns out he was part of a half-century plan to build the most honest politician so the real leaders of our country could get him elected just as people started losing faith in the status-quo. The lack of respect, the lack of media attention, the lack of corporate donations, all a guise to make him seem more like an honest man who has the interest of the average American in mind. And he's actually Bffs with Bush, they play hide n seek on the Crawford ranch during summer.

18. Is it funny since Obama won and has fucked us over? I don't see the humor in it :confused:

19. I could see an "old-school" revolution if that happened. ;)

20. One of the main reasons our dollar has the level of value it does is largely due to our military presence throughout the world and in all of those overseas bases Ron Paul loves to hate, or this Global Hegemony. We provide security where there otherwise wouldn't be. If we brought all US troops home Europe will inevitably go up in flames, people would start referring to it as the "other middle east" ;) We can no longer serve the role as world policeman anymore(largely due to our ever increasing entitlement budget/class sucking valuable funds through federal taxes not unlike parasites. Which interestingly enough, this social safety net is responsible for a significantly larger portion of our debt than our military could ever dream of) but that just means we can't afford to unilaterally conduct missions anymore, but rather need greater support from the international community (the civilized one) when a crisis or humanitarian mission needs our attention. Our presence also gives us control over the trade routes which would be devastating to our economy if a country, such as Iran for instance, were to close them off for even a day.