Ron Paul predicting terrorist blowback 1998

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Sep 6, 2009.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZtPzOukjZA]YouTube - Ron Paul: Impeachment & Predicting 9/11 in 1998[/ame]

Our foreign policy still hasn't changed. WTF?

2. We dig our own graves.

3. #3 SmokinP, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
    Im getting to like Ron Paul the more i hear and see from him..
    Maybe he really is the messiah the US is crying out for...
    Lets hope he can stay alive long enough to have a run at it...

Bin Laden has a point as well...
    Why is it ok for the US to slaughter a million innocent people but when they fight back they are the ones labelled as terrorists?

4. #4 Dronetek, Sep 6, 2009
    [​IMG]

Please, lets us all in on the "millions" of innocent people we've not only killed, but targeted. I ask, because Bin Laden is a mass murderer who targets the defenseless and innocent. I'd also like to know about the billions of people Bin Laden saves by feeding and clothing them. How about the amount of money Bin Laden donates to the poorest people on this planet, because the US's population donates more than anyone else.

Also, if you're going to use the "blowback" excuse, then you have to acknowledge that it goes both ways. Stop pretending like Osama is some sinless freedom fighter who is only getting revenge for US evil. That is exactly the kind of crap they want you to beleive. The war crimes they upload to the internet each day should debunk that myth, but for some reason it persists.

5. #5 Darkhosis, Sep 6, 2009

Surely you can't be that ignorant. Unfortunately I know you are because many people think as you do.

Just spend a day on theync.com and watch how these so called freedom fighters play.

Obama bought support with all of his money which was substantial. Sure he gave a shoe or two to a kid while he has his men behead their parents.

Bottom line if you don't convert to a muslim in Obama's eyes you are to die. If you don't follow his rules you died.

Big difference between the US trying to free a country from backassward rule, murder, and violence. Remember a little thing called World War 2 and a guy named Hitler? It's called freeing people from tyranical rule.

Sadly in this day and age the way people seem to think. If Hitler arose today he'd be treated with kid gloves and told how we are violating HIS rights.

If you think the US is safe now and there won't be another major terrorist event. Then sadly you are mistaken. The terrorists aren't done with the US yet. Just biding their time as we get more lax in our defenses.

6. Where did i say Bin Laden was innocent.. Read my post again and you will see what i said was that he has a point..
    This does not mean that i agree with everything he says or does..
    The point being that if you bomb the shit out of a region what the hell do you expect..
    What did you think they were going to do?
    Send you a thank you letter and a bunch of flowers for slaughtering their women and children..
    I do not or never have i ever supported Bin Laden but neither do i support the killing of innocent people in Iraq..

7. Maybe the US should bomb the shit out of the rest of the world and then there would be no threat from anywhere...
    The only reason the US are in the middle east is for economic gain.. Dont try and make out they are on a crusade to save us all from those evil muslims..

8. The US is in the business of business... That's all. We want a world full of customers. Yes, we do some bad shit to get them...but you know what? Nobody is perfect. And it's better than what they had.

9. Ha, religion hardly play's a part in the US government anymore, it's more like if your country doesn't submit it's resources to the US for cheap then you are to die.

10. what the fuck are you talking about obama for?

11. Psshh.. Blowback. Don't you all realize that they hate us because we are free?:rolleyes:

12. It doesn't make any sense. And the people attacking you for asking this still believe the US military is a force for positive change, and not economic determinism in action.

If we weren't over there, they wouldn't be over here. There children would not be motivated to go out of their way to kill if we did not kill their parents.

We could better influence the nations stuck under Islamic law through acting as positive role models. Their younger people will emulate us and reform naturally, just like is happening with urban Iranian youth.

Nation building is a scam.

13. Well over 2 million Iraqi's have died because of the policies of the United States. Over a million died because of our economic sanctions on Iraq after the first Gulf war and a million have died because of the violence we helped start by invading their nation. What we have done as a nation should be appalling to everyone in this nation.

Instead of bombing people who disagree with us and our militaristic push for global domination we should take the advise of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and John Quincy Adams. We should have free trade with all nations including our "enemies." Trade with them and stay out of their business. Remember the old saying you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? That is one of the truest statements ever made. If we had open and unrestricted trade with Palestine or Iran we wouldn't be having any problems with them. Look at Vietnam as a great example. We fought a bloody war that cost millions of Vietnamese lives and thousands of American lives for 16 years yet our relationship with Vietnam is great. We trade with Vietnam, we go on vacations to Vietnam, the Vietnamese people love us and our culture and send their kids here to go to college. We have taken an enemy, a mortal enemy, and turned them into a friend by opening up trade with them.

I guess being nice to people actually works better than bombing the fuck out of them.

14. I think you meant "Osama"* .....

15. the idea that the us government somehow liberated the iraqi people and are doing something good over there is just disturbing. the most important part here, though, is why do i have to be involved? why should i have to pay for this war? that's what i don't understand about people who have all this support for their government. if you want to go bomb other countries and kill people, then go ahead and do it...but i don't want any part.