Ron Paul PREACHING it at the marijuana debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flonkas, May 7, 2011.

1. sorry bro but you're incorrect, i know a lot about how debt works. when the government issues treasuries they mature at up to 30 years in the future so when debt increase you dont lose money you just have to foot higher bills. and your explanation of inflation and exchange rates is also very simplistic and ron paul-esque...

2. Dude, you're right, the country's doing just fine...look at how fast its gaining money! U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

3. I could go year by year naming every bad policy if you think is 8 awful policies isn't enough. I just thought it would be easier to discuss about 8 things rather than 230+.

4. my point is that you focus on the bad things and you dont look at the good

5. point out a positive thing the US gov has done.

6. Theres not many good things to look at, though. Look at gas prices. When Bush took office, gas was $1 a gallon, now its $4.50 by me. Why? Because our money is constantly being devalued.

7. black people used to be slaves now they're not

8. also because of supply and demand???

9. Nah, because in other nations, gas prices haven't increased in price at nearly the same rate. Gas is so cheap in Mexico that I read a news story recently about how Texans drive over the boarder to get it. Supply and demand is one thing, but not the main cause of increasing prices.

10. because commodities are traded internationally??? go to mercantile exchanges anywhere in the world and try to buy barrels of crude i bet they're all the same price??

also, the same supply and demand forces dont affect every country and also you know where else gas is cheap?? venezuela saudi arabia russia brazil because of their GOVERNMENTS

11. So then you agree with me that gas is expensive because of government failure? Whats your point?

12. Righttttt, the US government murdering imprisoning, torturing, and stealing from people is something we should just overlook because life is better than it was 150 years ago.

13. my bad your right saint Lincoln freed the slaves:rolleyes:

14. yea i mean if you want your government to pay your gas bill then you pay that in taxes i mean i doubt they give a shit. either way you're disagreeing with ron paul so why are you trying to argue with me.

15. life is also better than in many other countries presently too. obviously i dont agree with any of those things but yes if you evaluate the us government with every good thing they do vs those things then murdering imprisoning tortuing and stealing dont hold much weight

16. women have the right to vote

17. How am I disagreeing with ron paul? "Paul explained that the way to give Americans lower gas prices is to abolish the Fed and stop printing money, among some of his other claims about the Fed." Source: Ron Paul to Colbert: Abolish the Fed to lower gas prices | Raw Replay

Pretty much exactly what I've been explaining.

18. The ends don't justify the means.

19. i like ron paul but i think it is imperative that he brings principle into his arguement more often, it is always going to be a debate if people do not understand the WHY behind marijuana and all drug legalization(not that other drugs are good or even that TOO MUCH bud is a great thing, but it is simply WRONG to control individual liberty to the extent that drug laws do

20. no lmao how does america's monetary policy affect oil prices that are the same all over the world and fluxuate like gold prices

also you just cited colbert report. congratulations you just lost your last opportunity to gain any respect.