Ron Paul = Jesus Freak??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by metalplusweed, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Except it is!! :laughing:

And you don't know that last part just yet.:cool:

2. #102 garrison68, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012

If Ron Paul was against 3D movies because he considered this medium to be demonic, but also understood that there were scientific theories that claimed 3D movies could harm the sight of viewers, he should base his legislation regarding this issue on whether or not the science was correct - NOT whether 3D movies were evil.

3. [quote name='"garrison68"']
    if ron paul was against 3d movies because he considered this medium to be demonic, but also understood that there were scientific theories that claimed 3d movies could harm the sight of viewers, he should base his legislation regarding this issue on whether or not the science was correct - not whether 3d movies were evil.[/quote]

.......................lol

4. #104 SouthrnSmoke, Feb 16, 2012

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Only if RP thought it was demonic, his stance would be to allow YOU to decide, and he would avoid it himself, rather than legislate something like media.

You DO believe in these things.

You believe in a god ( government authority)

You believe in the devil ( Ron Paul in your eyes)

You believe in angels ( men in power that use that power to help people)

You believe in heaven ( a world where everyone is cared for in their hardest of times no matter the cost to everyone)

You believe in hell ( a libertarian society, in which you have to provide for everything you want out of your life through work and voluntary association.)

So on an so forth. Everything that you reject in religion, you believe in in governments role in society. So your essentially doing nothing other than discriminating against christianity in favor of YOUR religion.

5. Lmfao Garrison you've either got to be a huge troll or incredibly stupid.

This is what you are saying:

"I don't care if something is correct, if there are religious reasons for supporting it I'm against it!!!!"

Wow... That's just as bad as a religious fanatic, you're an atheist fanatic.

6. @ Garrison

Also since you said you were admittedly not well-educated enough to understand the economic principles behind the gold standard vs. fiat currency allow me to break it down for you in common speak.

If the government is using paper money that they can make more of, every time they print another dollar it lessens the value of all the other dollars. I'll use small numbers as an example so you can hopefully understand it.

If there are 100 dollars in circulation, then each dollar is worth "1 dollar". However if the government prints 100 more dollars, now there are 200 dollars in circulation, and each dollar now is only worth 50 cents.

Every time the federal reserve prints a dollar, the value of every dollar goes down. This is called "inflation".

Gold/Silver is infinitely better as currency because THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT CREATE GOLD/SILVER. Therefore gold and silver will hold their value indefinitely.

Economics 101

7. #107 garrison68, Feb 16, 2012

Straw. The ancient argument that everybody is religious, including all humanists, atheists, etc., is a fallacy.

If you do not understand the harm that religious does, as most people do not, then I am not going to be able to explain it to you, or convince you otherwise.

Congratulations, you are in with the majority of people who do not recognize religion for what it is.

8. #108 garrison68, Feb 16, 2012

You just wasted 10 minutes of your life writing that condescending reply. My beef is not with the gold standard, but with Ron Paul's belief that it should be law because it's mandated by his religion.

9. Ahh yes, which is why I posted this:

Btw that only took about 2 minutes of my life, 115 wpm ftw. 2 minutes spent attempting to educate the uneducated is 2 minutes well spent imho :smoke:

10. Another condescending reply, with fallacious conclusions, from the supporter of a loser.

If you do not agree that religion and government do not belong together, then you are either uneducated or believe that this is a Christian country and our laws should reflect that.

11. The supporter of a loser? Lol

Ron Paul believes in separation of Church and State, as he himself said his Christianity will have no bearing on how he conducts himself in his political office- only the will of the people and his oath will.

So are you saying that anyone with any religious beliefs should not be allowed to hold office?

You do realize every single President we have ever had has professed to be a Christian right? Including Obama? (Even though as all of us know, he's full of shit)

America IS a Christian nation. You know what it says in every single dollar bill ever made right? "In God We Trust". Yeah...

12. There you have it, straight from the horse's mouth - America IS a Christian nation.

And damn it, Ron Paul is going to see to it that we get back to those Christian values that have been pushed aside by secularists and liberals, and a whole lot more that we need to do to fight the forces of godlessness - no matter how long it takes him to do it.

13. Way to ignore the rest of my post...

Lol tripace was right

14. Yep, Ron Paul is a real theocrat with full backing from the christian right:rolleyes:.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o631PX8iIqA]Anti Gay Marriage Group Attacks Ron Paul - YouTube[/ame]

15. Lolllolplololopopolllolilolololololll

WATCH EVERYONE!! RON PAUL IS GONNA SHOVE JESUS DOWN YOU AND YOUR NEIGHBORS THROAT!!!

:laughing: :laughing:

I said it was about that time and I think I will follow through now haha

Nice knowin ya Garrison? :wave:

16. #116 garrison68, Feb 16, 2012

The correct protocol, according the sticky in the Politics thread category, is not to try to answer, or debate, every issue in a post - but you choose to call it "ignoring" the rest of the post.

You will find that Jefferson did not have a belief in the divinity of Jesus Christ, Lincoln's opinions on religion were sketchy, and many others were not very religious at all.

The point is, Ron Paul has already claimed that the Gold Standard is part of his religion. I've never heard any other candidate make this claim. I could understand being against murder, or theft, for religous reasons, but requiring a Gold based economy due to a belief system?

The masses will never completely understand, or acknowledge, the harm of religion, so the best we can hope for is a moderate amount of resistance towards the lunatic fringe - including those who wish for the Bible to be our law, similar to Sharia law - which, by the way, most American Muslims do not wish to have in the United States.

17. Could you at least answer this question:

"Ron Paul believes in separation of Church and State, as he himself said his Christianity will have no bearing on how he conducts himself in his political office- only the will of the people and his oath will.

So are you saying that anyone with any religious beliefs should not be allowed to hold office? "

Ron Paul believes we should have a Gold/Silver based economy because of the ECONOMICS, which I explained to you in my other post. It just so happens his religious belief aligns with this.

18. #118 garrison68, Feb 16, 2012

No, I do not believe that anybody with any religious beliefs should not be allowed to hold office - but I advocate not voting for those who have intentions of sponsoring legislation that will permit their religion(s) to have a role in the government.

Ron Paul has said that the Bible calls for a Gold and Silver based economy. This is in the video that I posted in his own words:

"From a biblical standpoint, a good economic standpoint, we need to look into the morality and the constitutionality of our monetary system, which means we have to full audit of the Fed and a new monetary system. The bible is very clear, the constitution is very clear, only gold and silver can be legal tender and the bible is very clear, very upfront, and be honest with weights and measure. The bible is a good defense of the market and private property ownership,,,,," He raves on about it, it's in the video.

Notice that "biblical" was the first thing he mentioned.

19. Like I said he believes in the gold standard because of religious and economic reasons.

That's not a "religious lunatic".

A religious lunatic would be someone who advocated something that was not economically sound based solely on religion. As you can clearly see, that's not the case here.

I don't see how you can criticize someone as being a "religious lunatic" when you're clearly an "anti-religious lunatic".

20. From the late 1960's, comedian Pat Paulsen did a great impression of a Ron Paul type - before Ron Paul was even in politics. In fact, Ron Paul is often more absurd than Pausen's character was at that time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kWLUnorTU]Pat Paulsen Editorials (Smothers Brothers Comedy Hr,1967/68) - YouTube[/ame]