Ron Paul is the man

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MountyBounty, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Proud to say that this man was born in Pittsburgh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uQBUQBIFkc&eurl"]YouTube - Ron Paul 03 07 09 DL Hughley Show[/ame]

2. #2 stoned budda, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    Yo, Mounty Bounty you from da burgh man? Actually he was born in the suburb of greentree.

3. I'm about a half hour away from the burgh and I go there all the time. I've traveled a lot and for some reason I can't get away from it :)

4. Cool, I live in Beaver County.

5. Does everyone from Pittsburgh quit running for president right after taking millions of dollars in donations, and for no good reason?

Just wondering, because Ron Paul surely did that.

And isn't Texas where he was elected? You know, the same state that gave us Bush?

Pennsylvania just gets people imprisoned for bongs, like Tommy Chong.

Tommy Chong is the man!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n4Uy0PTFKg"]YouTube - Tommy Chong 'Prison Labor is Slavery'[/ame]

6. 'For no good reason'? You think he should have blown the rest of it in a race where he wasn't given any coverage by the media? That wouldn't have been smart... What gives you the idea that RP would waste money, have you ever listened to the guy?

He put the rest towards the Campaign for Liberty, I think thats a pretty good reason. He's on TV more today than ever, probably has something to do with him predicting everything correctly and being the only honest politician in DC.

You're acting bitter man, why the hate? Because he's exposing your puppet Uncle Tom on a black TV show? Give it up.

7. #7 tea.mochi, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    ^^
    Said it better.

8. Ron Paul pwn tools n uncle tom.

9. This isn't trying to start shit. :rolleyes:

There WAS a damn good reason. The media had blacklisted him completely, the fucked up republican party was disowning him, his words were being twisted and he quit after a good amount of the primaries were finished.

This man is my hero.

10. Well put!:smoke:

11. Ron Paul is no more a man than Jesus was.

Oh, wait... He was God.

12. #12 babaloeey, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    I'm all Ron Paul'd out – he's the same as every other Republican.

Laissez-faire economics, deregulation, free market capitalism, is what got us into this mess, and it's certainly not going to fix the mess as Ron Paul suggests.

Consider this. GM, Ford, and Chrysler employ 239,000 Americans. Almost 800,000 retirees rely on these automakers for pensions and benefits. The collapse of the US auto industry will not just affect employees of these companies. The ripple effect the collapse of these companies will have is outstanding.

It will affect the jobs of those whom also manufacture auto parts and materials. The auto industry purchased $156 billion in parts and materials in 2007, supporting jobs all fifty states. It is the largest purchaser of iron, plastic, steel, electronics, computer chips, copper, and alluminum. 610,000 workers are employed by suppliers to the US auto industry. The dealerships will also go – 14,000 across the country – they employ an additional 750,000 people.

If the US auto industry gets wiped out, nearly 3 million US jobs will be lost in the first year:

239,000 jobs at the Detroit Three
    973,000 supplier jobs
    and 1.7 million spin-off jobs

It will result in a 4% drop in the GDP. One out of every ten jobs in the US rely on the US auto industry – 13,000,000 people.

13. What got us into this mess, you bobble head?

14. Wow....dumb post.

First of all, he was the last person to drop out of the Republican Primaries. Everyone else had conceded to McCain, Paul held out even though there was no way he could catch up in delegates.

Second of all, yes he is a Congressman from Texas. Yes Bush came from Texas too. Who gives a fuck? There is no correlation.

Third, Tommy Chong has nothing to do with this discussion.

15. Bailout = Good for people short term, very bad for people long term.

No Bailout = Very bad for people short term, but very very good for people long term.

You think short term, like half the other idiot wanna-be economists and politicians in the world.

16. #16 babaloeey, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    Do you have a source that backs up your assertion that by letting the US auto industry and US banks collapse, it would be good for people long term?

17. You have been deceived. :(

18. Hey, hey, hey, don't forget. Ron Paul wants to end the feds. ;);)

19. I have a new theory on Ron Paul...

He is a tool. His realistic solutions only exist to appease those with enough mental capacity to understand the problems.

Basically, he exists to keep us from rebelling. He knows it too. False hope to keep the elite, elite.

:smoke:

20. Now, that is an interesting theory. Probably not true, but possibly. Intriguing, regardless.