Ron Paul is making a lot of sense

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Swills, May 16, 2011.

1. Only took him 15+ years to correct himself? Just in the nick of time!
    (not trying to argue, he is what he is)

2. I'd rather have a guy that used to be a racist and yet talks common sense than a white-washed, sell-out politician that panders to any corporation that'll pay his next mortgage payment.

3. #23 Limecat, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    Anyone who calls a Libertarian racist obviously hasn't a clue what they are talking about...it's just demagoguing.

If there are parts of the Civil Rights Act that are unconstitutional, of course a Constitutionalist is going to oppose the entire thing. That's a trick still used in Washington. Have some big feel good bill and sneak in whatever bullshit you can so if anyone votes against it, they are of course against all of it, not just certain unconstitutional sections.

Libertarianism is the antitheses of racism. There are no collectivist groups. Everyone is equal because everyone has the same individual rights and you cannot infringe on anyones rights as an individual. Collectivism promotes racism because it divides people into "groups" rather than looking at people for what they are, PEOPLE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnPnAJeVuvw]YouTube - Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism"[/ame]

A Definition of Individual Rights | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty

The Trouble With the '64 Civil Rights Act by Rep. Ron Paul

Discrimination and a Free Society by Laurence M. Vance

Voting Rights Act of 1965, "Paul has indicated that he did not object to the voting rights clauses, but rather to restrictions placed on property rights by the bill."

Property rights are an important part of a free-society and our Constitution.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbJBHhqftc]YouTube - Ron Paul Wouldn't Have Voted For The 1964 Civil Rights Act[/ame]

He makes great points that government created the racism in the first place and then government claims they can cure the racism with more laws that put rights in collectivist groups instead of with the individual. LOL

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. - Martin Luther King, Jr​

To tie this all into the theme of this website, here is a reading from Ron Paul's book, The Revolution: A Manifesto:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqG0-MWqUsg]YouTube - Ron Paul on Marijuana Prohibition and its Scandalous Racist Roots[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggGZqYebrQ]YouTube - Martin Luther King's Message - Obama Got NOTHING on Ron Paul[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA]YouTube - Ron Paul: A New Hope[/ame]

Anti-War, PRO-FREEDOM​

4. I've been seeing a lot of "new" people on the forums and most are using the same tired arguments, accusations of "racism", pictures/gifs, or anything else they can think up to seemingly somehow discredit the man.

FREEDOM is a powerful message that overcomes petty personal attacks.

I encourage everyone to take a look at this thread:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/politics...tion-misdirection-control-internet-forum.html

:smoke:

Here's something slightly more relevant:

Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

Ron Paul opposes the PATRIOT Act, Barack Obama doesn't.
    Ron Paul opposed the Iraq war, so did Obama.
    Ron Paul voted against continuing to fund Iraq, Obama voted FOR.
    Ron Paul opposes invading Iran, Barack Obama doesn't.
    Ron Paul supports a non-interventionist foreign policy, Barack Obama does not.
    Ron Paul supports cutting federal government spending, Barack Obama does not.
    Ron Paul supports sound money & abolishing the Fed, Barack Obama does not.
    Ron Paul supports lower taxes & abolishing the IRS, Barack Obama does not.
    Ron Paul supports ending the failed "war on drugs", Barack Obama does not.

Ron Paul opposes forcing Americans to buy anything mandated by the Federal Government and its bureaucrats - Obamacare? BUY INSURANCE or face the wrath of the IRS/penalties/fines/jail? It's a boom for insurance companies, pharma, etc.

Ron Paul has:
    Never voted to raise taxes.
    Never voted for an unbalanced budget.
    Never voted for federal restriction on gun ownership. He does not pick and choose which parts of the Constitution to uphold as he takes his Oath of Office seriously.
    Never taken a government paid junket.
    Never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

Voted against the USA PATRIOT Act.
    Voted against regulating the internet.
    Voted against the Iraq War.

Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative Congressional pension program.

Ron Paul returns a portion of his annual Congressional office budget to the US Treasury every year.

5. :hello::hello::hello::hello:
    again.... I still can't rep you!! :mad:

6. He's denied them since they were created, CNN decided to make a hullabaloo back in 08 when he was running before, and he responded accordingly.

And he is what he is, not a racist.

7. ron paul has a lot of good ideas, and a lot of good points. he also has a lot of really bad ideas and points.
    i used to be a fan of ron paul, cause i would here him say some shit i agreed with and be like yeah, your awesome bro, but then i actually did a little research on the dude and his ideas, and he would be a horrible president.
    he's kinda crazy.

8. Of course I did and that only proves how reporters can take his words out of context. Watch the video, I always seem to agree with Ron whenever I hear him speak. Fuck the articles

9. If ron paul wants to win, he needs to fix his eyebrows. People are gonna vote for some guy with one brow bigger than the other.

Im just speakin the truf

10. METALLICA IS sick
    Ron Paul always makes sense, if he didnt he wouldnt be Ron Paul..