Ron Paul is a bigoted racist? He sure is

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MrJamesDean, Jan 25, 2015.

1. #1 MrJamesDean, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    It's just another old, crazy and racist white man.
    I am glad this fucker is gone for good. I can't wait to piss and shit on his grave.
    I am sure his son is just as a racist as he is..like father like son.
    I actually agree with most of what Ron Paul says about foreign policy... but everything else he says is a completely and utterly moronic.
    ----

This week probably marks the moment that schadenfreude finally left the Ron Paul campaign.
    There's always been a kind of awful element of fun to listening to rabid Paul defense, given that much of it was reality-optional. But, hey, at least his fans believed in something. And no true believer deserves this week. In the last seven days, some of Paul's former staffers admitted to deliberately courting racists, with his blessing. Then, adding insult to injury, Paul's current ties to American white supremacist groups surfaced courtesy of Anonymous.
    As outlined before, there were only a limited number of explanations for Paul's racist, conspiracy-oriented newsletters, and none of them were good. Either he believed the things he printed, merely capitalized on the things he printed, or was unaware of the things he printed. It was a spectrum ranging from monstrous to cynical to incompetent.
    Apparently, it's the second option, at least according to the Washington Post:
    "[People] close to Paul's operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the [racist] newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.
    "It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,'' said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul's company and a supporter of the Texas congressman.
    "... A person involved in Paul's businesses, who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid criticizing a former employer, said Paul and his associates decided in the late 1980s to try to increase sales by making the newsletters more provocative. They discussed adding controversial material, including racial statements, to help the business, the person said.
    “It was playing on a growing racial tension, economic tension, fear of government,'' said the person, who supports Paul's economic policies but is not backing him for president. “I'm not saying Ron believed this stuff. It was good copy. Ron Paul is a shrewd businessman.''
    The story matches one broken by Julian Sanchez and David Weigel in 2008, in the libertarian magazine Reason. Not only was it an "open secret" in libertarian circles that Lew Rockwell ghost-wrote many of Paul's newsletters, but the racial and paranoid tone was part of his and Murray Rothbard's attempt to create a "paleo-libertarian" movement, which is basically libertarianism without all that fun stuff about legalizing drugs and prostitution. Rockwell was trying to court southern conservatives who thought the Civil Rights Act, the Great Society, and the Democratic Party were all enemy combatants in a Civil War that had just transitioned from active shooting to economics and "politically correct" social engineering.
    All of this just confirms what strenuous opponents of the newsletters have been saying since their publication. And as much as it sucks for Ron Paul fans to confront staffers and aides confirming critics' arguments, it's tough not to say, "We told you so," because, well, practically everybody did.
    The natural response to this news, if you're still a true believer, is that it's from 16 years in the past. This is a newsletter operation divorced from the Ron Paul 2012 campaign. Unfortunately, that's not what the hacktivist group Anonymous discovered.
    As part of an ongoing online effort against white supremacists, Anonymous hacked the website of the American Third Position (A3P), a white nationalist group tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Like the SPLC, Anonymous found ties to skinhead groups, Nazis and David Duke's flunkey Jamie Kelso. Unlike the SPLC, they also found significant ties to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign:
    "In addition to finding the usual racist rants and interactions with other white power groups, we also found a disturbingly high amount of members who are also involved in campaigning for Ron Paul. According to these messages, Ron Paul has regularly met with many A3P members, even engaging in conference calls with their board of directors."
    In addition, someone who appears to be close to Paul expressed dismay that Kelso was shut out of the Conservative Political Action Conference and said he would speak to Paul about Kelso's organizational value.
    None of this should be surprising. In 2008, Paul accepted donations from and was endorsed by Stormfront.org, America's leading white supremacist site; he even had a campaign coordinator from the KKK.
    Of course, the quickest and easiest dismissal is that the A3P stuff comes from Anonymous, not exactly the most credible of sources. But they parade around in the same Guy Fawkes masks as Paul supporters, tend to skew libertarian, and in 2008 many of their members supported Paul's candidacy. At this point, there's too much stuff to try to handwave away. In addition to years of "we told you so!" material that mainstream outlets have urged Paul supporters to confront, there are now the words of his aides and managers, as well as his own appointment book.
    And while "we told you so!" is tempting to say, it's just sad. It's sad to see people energized by politics being disappointed by the first thing they may have really believed in. It's sad to see tens of thousands of Americans donate millions of dollars to someone who hid such grossly prejudicial and politically fatal connections from them.
    Really, the only amusing thing is that an independent group of political privateers took their own letters of marque to bring down a campaign. And they mostly came from a message board known for lolcats, camwhores, hentai, and decentralized anarchy. There's some cosmic justice in there, but even it's not all that funny.
    http://www.vice.com/read/yeah-ron-paul-is-racist-after-all-sorry

2. What?! One of our politicians isn't who they say they are? The shock is beyond words. (Sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. i used to wonder if ron paul was part of the white dominance agenda. becuz i wondered if their plans all along were to use government to get rich and attain power the last century, and now we were at a point where the "elite" wanted full control so they wanted to abolish govt now in order to gain full control through corporate means... i don't know if the country as a whole was ready for the libertarian movement in 2012, cept for the survivalists, who i think were trigger happy as it is, we need a balance of freedom and regulation at this point [to save the world, even] .. rand paul 2016 green/repub

4. Geeez a couple of years ago there would have been a major outpouring of hate toward a thread like this on GC Politics.  Times sure have changed around here.  

5. #6 yurigadaisukida, Jan 25, 2015
    Ron Paul may not like black people, bit at least his political stance is to not bomb ANY people, and to give ALL people rights.

Obama is a racist cunt who wants to bomb brown people, and start a race war iin America between blacks and whwhites

Who's the real biggot?

Anyone who voted for Obama owes America a HUGE fucking appology

-yuri

6. I voted for Obama twice and would do so again.  I don't need to apologize for anything. 

7. Then I'd say you must ne ignorant of the wake of destruction he has left.

Are gays allowed to marry yet? Nope. You've been lied to.

-yuri

8. #9 Carne Seca, Jan 25, 2015

No you're just spoon fed that drivel they air on Faux News.  I can go down to the County Clerk and get my marriage license tomorrow if I needed one.  No lies here.  

9. Hope and change takes 16 years, not 8.

10. Thats bad mkay but you know whats even worse?

Every other candidate is a Christian :eek:  :bolt:

11. #12 sleepingblade, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    Isn't being a cretin part of the job requirement of a politician?

Could you be more edgy?

13. #14 garrison68, Jan 25, 2015
    My private medical insurance, for my wife and I, now costs less than half it did before Obamacare.  I now pay what the average worker pays, saving us about $800 a month for a couple policy.   Ron Paul would eliminate medical insurance. tell everybody to use 19th century quack remedies, and rely on charity if hospitalization is needed (from a church of course).  

14. yeah i can skull fuck him too if you'd like

15. By what metrics are you measuring his "wake of destruction"?

The stock market is up. Unemployment is down. The economy is doing better- the organization I work for just had it's best fiscal year ever (I work in international travel, which is a huge indicator of the economy). The value of my house is back up to pre-2006 levels. My taxes are lower then they have been in 8 years, and will go down even more if republicans don't vote down his new tax plan. My friends who were fighting in Iraq are home. My health insurance costs have gone down.

And gays can get married in more states than ever before.

16. OP, by the way you worded the thread title one may think some racists may not be bigots.  I think you may have been trying too hard to be dramatic, like saying you'd skull fuck something, whatever skull fucking is.  Has it just come to your attention politicians have faults?  The goal of picking a politician to vote for is to find the best one available whose philosophy most closely aligns with yours.  Finding a perfect one is impossible.  Paul has some glaring faults but they all do, they must if they are to be elected.

17. And here I was thinking this country is going down the shitter.

18. -Ron Paul aka a racist asshole. :)

19. Again- by what metrics?