Ron Paul has already won.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Jun 22, 2011.

1. We're not in love with the man, we're in love with the ideas that he spreads.

Ron Paul has won - The Hill's Pundits Blog

After Ron Paul speech, Obama tries to woo 'young people tired of US wars' - International Business Times

2. Thread title is cute...but I don't agree.

The other candidates are trying desperately to differentiate themselves from Obama. No surprises here. Typical boring election politicking. You can see right through the bullshit from all these pathetic republican candidates. For some reason, there're now all anti-war? Yeah right, just wait till one of these shmucks take office. The generals and CIA officials will have them all singing a totally different tune.

But the scariest thing about these republican contenders is their stance on MMJ, and legalization. Only RP and Gary Johnson are down with the movement. The rest are straight up douche bags from every angle. And the sadest part is RP and Johnson don't have a snowballs chance in hell at getting the nomination.

Another four for change.

3. :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

Fuck the trolls. >D

4. wow!

he's gonna remove a 3rd of the troops he's added since taking office, and leave only 90,000 troops to fight the all powerful taliban?

that's pretty fucking bold.

5. That's like increasing the national debt by $10 trillion and then reducing it by $4. We only talk about the reductions, never that the net is still an increase. ;)

6. I don't understand this viewpoint. "He won't get it so I might as well not vote for him". You REALLY don't see how you're playing into the media's hands with this kind of 'give-up because it's futile' attitude?

I reckon if we had every person who supported Ron Paul, plus the sheer number of people who don't support him but would if they thought he had a chance in hell, Ron Paul would win in a landslide.

7. -'merican

8. yup..

and idiots will buy it hook, line and sinker because CNN will report it as a good thing.

fucking face fucking palm.

9. Hold that white horse Gandalf. Playing into the media's hands? Do you really believe in a media conspiracy against Ron Paul? Why? I've heard it round here before and it's ridiculous. Ron Paul's number's are low because core Republicans, who btw make up a majority of the uneducated Americans tipping cows and farting in corn fields, don't like his social view points. Ron Paul has earned every bit of that less than 1% approval rating among republican voters. Why? Cause Ron Paul ain't a fucking republican! His an isolationist, Anti-government, social liberal. He's everything republicans hate and he's running as a republican. It's fucking crazy. He should stick to his third party platform and campaign with pride as who he really is. A libertarian.

10. Just because he isn't a Neocon doesn't mean he isn't a Republican...the Neocons aren't republicans. In fact, they are former Democrats who love war. Wait, democrats who love war...hmmmm, maybe someday current Obama supporters will turn into Neocons.

I can suggest some Conservative reading for you which shows that Ron Paul is right in his non-interventionist foreign policy views (which are not isolationist) but I doubt you'll actually pursue it. Ron Paul is the most conservative out of anyone running as a Republican.

11. they already have..
    they seem very content with the wars, and the patriot act.
    they even love Bush's General Petraeus, and Bush's fed reserve chairman Bernake.. the guys who they used to hate

12. Keep trying to kick start that horse partner.

[​IMG]

13. touché

14. His social views are not in keeping with the republican party. His anti government positions are anything but conservative, there're down right radical. Scares the shit out of conservative, christian, hard working americans that identify themselves as republicans.

15. Location: Midwest.

They say a pictures says a thousand words, but I have no idea what the fuck your talking about.

16. Are you a Christian, "right wing", conservative, hard working republican or are you just guessing? :confused:

Like Ron says, "I want to legalize freedom, it's all one package".

And as this thread points out, his ideas are what matter and his ideas are winning...They will live on long beyond Ron Paul just as they did long before Ron Paul. He is changing the hearts and minds of millions of people today which is very important going forward.

I don't know many Republicans (or really anyone for that matter) that think Washington DC is doing a good job, do you? LOL Are they anti-government? By definition, yes they are.

Ut oh, we don't agree with Hillary OR Mitt, call the radical police.

17. To sum up our tit for tat, he's not a Republican. And no I'm not guessing when I declare that hard working conservative christians overwhelmingly vote republican. If Ron Paul is on a crusade to change the republican party then I wish him luck. But currently his approval rating among republican voters is less than 1%. I'm not guessing on that either.

18. yeah, he's a christian and liberitarian, so what? If anything it helps his cause.

Many people oppose big government and are in favor of a much more limited one. One where gov't promotes freedom, not infringes it.

A lot of hardworking christrians who identify themselves as republicans want the gov't out of their private lives.

19. People Argue Just to Win, Scholars Assert - NYTimes.com

Shame.