Ron Paul - Cancel the War on Drugs

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by HighMountainSkier, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Ron Paul sets the standard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduzet9GypQ]Ron Paul on the drug war and border patrol CNN Debate 11-22-11 - YouTube[/ame]

2. Very good, but I'd like to hear more from him. I will never vote for a single-issue candidate.

3. There's lots more to like about Ron Paul.

Check out Ron Paul Videos - Ron Paul Flix - 2012 to watch him speak out on various issues.

4. and they said America would never vote Party again.

:p

5. If it was important enough to you, you would.

Ron Paul is a much more complex beast than 1 issue though my fellow blade.

6. Guess again. This is not my first vote by a long shot.

I've been ignoring the election thus far because its just been too damn early, but now that its narrowing down I will check out who is in it.

7. I don't understand your reply here..

Whats this not being your first vote have to do with not voting single issue if it was important enough to you?

If Ron Paul was the only candidate with a sensible drug policy he'd get my vote. He just happens to have a lot of other views / ideas I agree with. I'm fed up enough with it to give that much of a damn. The economy is such a wide spectrum issue that it'll be on every candidates mind so thats whatever.

Legalization has to take a back seat all the time? No wonder we can't get it done. Once you show them that you're serious about something maybe it'll get done.

8. Ron Paul: Marijuana Policy Should Be Set By The States
    HuffingtonPost / Lucia Graves / 11,22,2011

Ron Paul went out of his way to emphasize his support for medical marijuana, insisting that marijuana laws should be set not by the federal government but by the states.

"You can at least let sick people have marijuana because it's helpful," Paul said. "But the compassionate conservatives say, well we can't do this, we're going to put people who are sick and dying with cancer and are being helped with marijuana if they have multiple sclerosis -- the federal government is going in there and overriding state laws and putting people like that in prison."

The Obama administration had promised a hands-off policy on marijuana laws, saying the issue was best regulated at the state level. But the number of raids has been on the rise, and last month federal prosecutors in California announced a crackdown on medical marijuana dispensaries, threatening to shutter state-licensed businesses. "Why don't we handle the drugs like we handle alcohol?" Paul continued. "Alcohol's a deadly drug. The real deadly drugs are the prescription drugs, they kill more people than the illegal drugs."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a report earlier this month showing that the number of deaths from overdoses of legal prescription painkillers has more than tripled in the past decade, killing 14,800 people in 2008, up from 4,000 deaths in 1999.

Paul's comments came as part of a larger commentary on drug policy. It's not the first time he's called for an end to the so-called war on drugs.

In June, he teamed up with Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) to introduce legislation removing marijuana from the list of federally regulated substances. Though essentially dead upon arrival, the bill helps to illuminate Paul's views. "I think the federal war on drugs is a total failure," said Paul to hearty applause from the audience.

"The drug war is out of control," he added. "I fear the drug war, because it undermines our civil liberties, it magnifies our problems on the borders -- we spent like over the last 40 years a trillion dollars on this war and, believe me, the kids can still get the drugs. It just hasn't worked."

Video at title link and here :hello:

9. Paul is basically not even a politician. Well, technically he is but he is absolutely nothing like the rest of those shills. He has had the same message for over 30 years and has a perfect voting record in congress to to prove it. He's more of a philosopher. His profession was a physician, but after researching economics and how fucked up our system is he decided to get involved and try to change this horseshit of a system. He's been working hard for the last 30 years and this is basically his last chance to make a real change and this is actually his best shot.

He basically just wants to listen to the constitution. He wants to end the federal reserve and give the power to print money back to the treasury and go back to sound money with the gold standard. He follows the Austrian economics school of thought vs. the Keynesian economics system. Basically he is an economic genius and would solve our problems very quickly. He predicted the housing bubble collapse in 2003, when nobody was even thinking about that. He is the only candidate that even remotely understands how to fix our problems.

He's a HUGE advocate for individual liberty and freedom. He wants people to make their own decisions and if they want to smoke weed, that's your right. He personally wants all drugs legalized, but he won't do it at the federal level. He will allow states to make their own decisions and if they legalize it, he will not stop them.

Also he's very anti war. He thinks would should actually talk to other countries before bombing them with drones...what a novel idea lol.

btw the primaries aren't that far off. The Iowa caucus is only a few weeks away. Shit is startin up pretty quickly.

10. Let's dig a little deeper into this clip. Just look at all this issues Ron Paul is able to touch upon.

Drug War (original topic) - Cancel it, (applause), nobody benefits, causes all the violence.
    Borders - National responsibility.
    Pakistan/Afghanistan - Too much money spent, too many lives lost, current policy is flawed.
    Immigration - Need better services obviously, stop the subsidies that draw foreigners here illegally.
    Economy - Weak, we should have prevented it.
    Mandates - Free medical/education are major burden to border states.

Then Wolf, who clearly seems unable to process everything Dr. Paul just spoke about, asks for clarification on the first topic; "Does canceling the War on Drugs mean legalization?". Where Paul responds that he thinks it a total failure (applause). It's only then does he hit one out of the park on medical marijuana. As a doctor, he knows that it can really change people's lives.
    [​IMG]

I agree that Ron Paul went out of his way to reach out to the medical marijuana community last night to let them know he's not out to screw them like the current administration.

11. Ron is a real person, he's been standing up for ALL of us before we even knew of him and it's damn time we wake the fuck up and thank him by standing up for him and letting him hhelping us out... also he might be the only candidate that has some real solid ideas on the shitstorm tht is our economy.

Ron Paul's idea of canceling the entire war on drugs is actually quiet smart tootaking the $$ out of the hands of criminal minded fucks.. , but with so much corruption in the governement i feel like they would be stoked being able to legally sell opiates and coke to its ciitizens. We need to get more real ppl in the governement before we could ever try and rely on communities and families to keep each other away from the dangerous drugs, bcuz legal sale of drugs culd so quickly turn to governement courrption just like the food industry. and the main problem would be keeping every1 educated and keeping the generations to come exponentially educated!!! fuck theres already so many crackheads and drug abusers out there, and then like [:smoke: ] x3465363535346345r343543 of us. but if anyone could remidy the situation i belive in Ron Paul 2012! keep it lit and stay informed my friends..

12. Within a couple seconds of taking a stance against the war on drugs he also mentions the war for oil in the middle east and how tht is directly affecting our attention to internal affairs like mexicans on our border compromising our safety (im not racist but how easy is it for them to get over here... :confused:)and economic security. Hes definitely not a single issue politician hes a man speaking the truth, and he happens to be republican but f uck it politcal parties r a waste of time anyways.

13. wolfs a dumb azzz,so is the rest of those puppet azz mofos on that debate.Except for Ron Paul of course...

14. Hopefully America will legalize soon, Then United Kingdom will soon follow.

15. Dr. Paul cut his pay to $40,00 a year and wants to cut congress' pay as well to be that of the average american.

Ron is going to rewrite the law of the federal government has the final say to where the states do.

Paul basically knows the government is no good and should be forced to want to keep their jobs based on how well they perform.

Paul is literally our only hope to fix this nation.
    He's been preachin the same message for longer than any politician.
    If Paul becomes president he will go down in history as the one who made right.

Did you know Paul lives in a modest sized home, been married to the same woman, and even cuts his own grass lol.

Look more into Paul, a lot of what he has to say is jaw dropping because he's just so honest.

He has refused to take part of congress' lucrative pension plan as saying that it is immoral.
    Paul believes in individual rights. So no more bs from all of these groups like feminists, different races, etc because if people see themselves as a different group, problems arise.

There's just a ton to the good doctor.
    Hell, he's my hero.

16. We all missed one of the most important factors about him. He takes ZERO donations from huge corporations, banks, etc. All his fundraising is grassroots. This the peoples' campaign, not just Pauls! And it's not really even tempting to him to take giant donations from big corps because he doesn't get any offers! Lol it's because his policies would hurt then big time and small businesses would start booming and competition would rise.

Oh and btw he has double the amount of donations from the military than all other candidates including obama COMBINED.

17. I believe there is some support for RP amongst not only the active military but also the veterans,,anyone that has fought in any of America's wars in the last 50 years has experienced enough wars for corporate profiteers. They want it ended.

18. Please watch. Ron Paul is the only one looking out for us!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjuUWr9vaXo]Ron Paul Amazing "What If?" Speech - YouTube[/ame]

19. There are alot of Special Interest Groups that have made sure repeatedly that Ron Paul is never president, I am just as cynical this presidential election as any presidential election. Even if Ron Paul were to somehow, despite all odds and figures, elected by the the American people, something that I think is surely possible if not probable maybe a decade down the line, but let's say he's elected next year, 2012. Even so, I say either some special interest group, either big oil or big pharma, or big anybody, takes out a hit on Paul and bam, he's gone, vice president do as your told is put in charge, and we're right back at war with everything and everybody.

20. If Ron Paul became president... damn that would be intense!

Imagine if the war on drugs was stopped and all the drug violence and warfare ceased. That one change would literally change the world, even if it was legalized in only the United States, the effects would ripple outwards to other countries. Cartels would cease to function. Gangs would have no reason to be violent over territory. Then again a lot of things would have to change in the long run with employment and such.

Would be intense.